• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in the market for new power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

de_yogurt

after working on my pc recently i noticed that one of the fans are dying in it. so im in the market for a new one. its just some cheapo brand echo star, so im thinking that most anything would be an improvement. im looking at hopefully getting a modular power supply so i can use only what wires i need. i will be running a WD Raptor, a 500gb sata drive, a x1950 pro (or whatever is top of the line in that series, AGP), for sure another dvd burner (ide) or even some sata optical drives. im looking to spend no more than 200 bucks. any suggestions would be great. thanks in advance. have a good one!

Yogurt

de_yogurt said:
after working on my pc recently i noticed that one of the fans are dying in it. so im in the market for a new one. its just some cheapo brand echo star, so im thinking that most anything would be an improvement. im looking at hopefully getting a modular power supply so i can use only what wires i need. i will be running a WD Raptor, a 500gb sata drive, a x1950 pro (or whatever is top of the line in that series, AGP), for sure another dvd burner (ide) or even some sata optical drives. im looking to spend no more than 200 bucks. any suggestions would be great. thanks in advance. have a good one!

Yogurt

Corsair HX520:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373100

No tax, free shipping!

Top review:

http://jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=28

This model has at least one revision since that review was done. It's about as nice a quality modular as you will find, a Seasonic build OEM and less than half what you want to spend. Life is good! :)

^Second that recommendation, and adding another one for the Corsair 620HX, which can be had for a bit more than the 520HX

Back