• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

~$1100 rig for college and mid-level gaming.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you must go with an AMD setup, it looks good. personally though, there's no way I would; I'd swap the mobo for a $130 gigabyte p35-ds3r, and the cpu for a $126 E4400. overclock that to 3GHz with that tuniq tower, and you're golden ;) but hey, that's just me

I'm pushing the upper limit of my price range as it is, but I'll look at Intel and maybe post a different config in this thread for that. Any price-cutting tips or tricks? Or ways to get a free Deathadder?

Yeah, I think I'll go with the Intel chipset. I'm willing to pay the extra six dollars, if that's what it takes. That's all I changed, just added the Intel mobo and processor, and took out the AMD ones.

if you really need to cut costs, and you don't need the intel ICH9R southbridge/don't plan on running a RAID setup, you could step $35 down to a gigabyte P35-DS3L. The performance of that board should be similar to the DS3R, but as always YMMV

Back