• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting together an mATX system; Want to help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I'm going to put my X2 3800+ in this system and wait to upgrade technology later; So I need a socket 939 mATX board, preferably DDR1, can be PCI-e or AGP, preferably AGP since I currently have a 9800 Pro but I can always upgrade.

i think that G33 (P35 equivalent) mobo choices are currently between the asus p5k-vm and the gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R

the chip for me is the xeon x3210 (just because i feel better about the binning) and at $275 i'm happy with the value.

also i'm going to go for the NV 8800 640 GTS at $370 from newegg, its only $90 more than the cheapest 320MB one. but if you are an ATI fan, you gotta do what you gotta do (i'm an NV fan)

i think you need a PSU btw, but i dont have any recommendations here though. love to hear some though :) how much wattage do you think we need?

Back