• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

selling price of a 6800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My dad picked me up a 512mb Asus N6800 about 6 months ago as an early birthday present because I was having gfx problems even then, only to realize it was AGP (Im an Nvidia n00b so I don't know what the 'N' is, but its DDR2 ram). I thought he returned it, but guess what? He tried to this morning only to realize the store has a 30 day return policy (Im sure someone in the US heard the ARRRGHH!). So he decided to let me stick it on fleabay (I would stick it in the classifieds but I don't have a heat account and I don't know who would trust someone with no feedback. My ebay account isnt any better with only 2 feedbacks, both positive). Its not used, not even open. Im just checking newegg and they go all the way from $67 to $123, so is $40-$50 a fair estimate on what I can make from this?

CrazyIrish said:
I think thats a pretty fair price.
Thanks, I bet it would go slightly higher except the box didn't come with any plastic wrapping or anything so theres really no way to prove its never been used.

Try selling it in the classies , I dont care @ all about heat im sure there are others that feal the same

The classies are pretty trusting, they do a good job of policing.

I would check the classies SOLD! section to find recent sale prices of 6800's.

Ok, Ill check the classifieds. I know you can't use Gmail accounts (or so Ive heard) so Ill PM a mod to see if AOL accounts are ok.

Checked the SOLD! section, nothing. Also shot a PM to SSS about possibly using my AOL account. Ill check ebay to get a better idea about the price.

Last edited:
Burnout01 said:
Would you believe that I just sold an ATI 9800 XT for 110.50?
I was is shock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-9800-XT-Rad...ryZ40158QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Teach me your Ebaying ways master :) I searched for 6800s on ebay and there are tons of them, with only a couple having bids on them. They were all the way from like $10 to like $90, so that wasn't much help. The classies might be getting a new addition (I know everyone is upgrading to DX10 and stuff, but it may be good for a cheap backup or older gaming computer)

I would find a couple that are the same brand as yours and bookmark them. Then see how much they sold for after the auction ended. A lot of people don't place bids until 1 min left. I got lucky, and found two people wanting one bad enough. I didn't need it anymore and thought I would get rid of it and have a little extra cash.

The classies are heavily policed by the mods on this site. I would trust them more than any online auction site. Silver Sink Sam, for one, does an excellent job keeping everyone honest over there. I've read a story or 2 of him getting the law involved with a few people who have attempted to rip-off other OCF members. It didn't sound too pretty. You can always just start at $90 or however much you want and see if you get any bites and just lower it in a few days if you don't.

Burnout01 said:
I would find a couple that are the same brand as yours and bookmark them. Then see how much they sold for after the auction ended. A lot of people don't place bids until 1 min left. I got lucky, and found two people wanting one bad enough. I didn't need it anymore and thought I would get rid of it and have a little extra cash.
Ok found 3, Asus Geforce 6800 512mb AGP. 1 is ending in an hour and nobody has bid on it, but that may be because its the most expensive of the three ($90 starting bid, $110 buy out) the others are $75. Im still happy with my first choice of $40-$50 if none of these get bid on.

Ya, still haven't received a PM back from SSS about AOL (I guess it would be OK, in one of the threads it says ISP accounts are ok, but since AOL went free I don't know if they are still good for the classies.) If the worst happens, Ill stick it on Ebay for $40 with an $80 buy out since from what it looks like (atleast from what Ive seen) these Asus ones are the only ones with 512mb ram.

Back