• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Owners!! LanParty 680i LT with C2D 6600 @ 3.8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wizzard005

Aloha all,

I am hoping someone with this motherboard reads this post. I have a problem with getting my CPU stable at 3.8Ghz. Right now its running, but if i load it with Prime95 it will simply hang.

I have the DFI motherboard and 1.6 vcore is the highest i can go. I have the NB set to 1.44 i think. It seems moving the northbridge volts up helps it boot to windows, however putting it too high just makes the system hang.

1.6 vCore for the CPU is the max setting, i can find any options to go more then 1.6, not even sure if that is the probblem.

I have it set to Linked mode , and memory set to sync mode, memory is running at 1 to 1 425Mhz @ 2.11

I can set the cpu to 1800 FSB 4Ghz, however it fails booting to windows and I cant get it to boot!

Anyone out there that can help me with this issue.

At 3.8Ghz my ideal temp is -7c

load temps are around 1 - 4c

The board cna go above 1.6vcore. There is a setting immediately below the vcore setting called VID something...that increases the vcoer setting based on a percentage of the original vcore setting. Set your vcore to 1.5 and then increase the vid setting a notch and you should realize an increase in the original 1.5 setting. You can go high enough to fry your CPU I believe.

sofarfrome said:
The board cna go above 1.6vcore. There is a setting immediately below the vcore setting called VID something...that increases the vcoer setting based on a percentage of the original vcore setting. Set your vcore to 1.5 and then increase the vid setting a notch and you should realize an increase in the original 1.5 setting. You can go high enough to fry your CPU I believe.

thanks for the info, I am sending this junk of a motherboard back to new egg. I ordered a replacment it should be here tomorrow or so..

THis DFI motherboard is the worst motherboard I have ever used!

Back