• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Assist

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdrash

Senior Member, Benching Team Member
ok...been absent form this area for some time. I need to start benching with OCForums and get some points for the team...I dont claim to have the greatest skill/expertise/hardware but I think I can lend some points to the team. I have PCmark05, 3Dmark03, 3Dmark05, and 3Dmark06 ....what else do I need to get "in" with the team? I want to join in with you folks for the fun and challenge.

I am expecting a new MB (Asus M2N32SLi-Deluxe), new CPU (AMD x2 5600+), a 74GB raptor, and a second 8800GTX graphics card within the next 2 weeks (just waiting for transactions to complete). I already have PC2 8500 ram for my new setup.

I really want to participate with the benching team...can soemone lend me a hand at getting started with the group?

I used to have a great score with my two (retired) 7800GTX cards in 3Dmark06 .....hope to have some new good scores for the team once my new build is completed.

Appreciate any help advice you can offer.

Matt

peepaw and Deanzo...Thanks for the information.....

I hope I will be able to contiribute some meaningful scores for the OCForums team in the near future....

I expect my new MB and CPU on monday or tuesday and then I expect my 2nd 8800GTX and 74 GB raptor (16MB) around next friday or the monday/tuesday after .....

I hope this new setup will allow me to post some respectable scores....

Thanks again for the assist :thup:

Matt

I just bought Windows Vista Home premium as well....so should I go with the 32bit (included on the disk) version or ask (and wait for delivery) for the 64bit version from MicroSoft??? The memory I have is only 2x1GB so I am thinking that the 32bit version will be fine for the time being...just looking for some advice.

Hi Matt, long time!

I'd stick with 32bit but you shoud really bench on XP for everything except PCMark05. It would be cool to have you on the Team.

Mark

El<(')>Maxi said:
Hi Matt, long time!

I'd stick with 32bit but you shoud really bench on XP for everything except PCMark05. It would be cool to have you on the Team.

Mark

MAXI!!!

Great to see you. Thanks for the advice. I'll stick with XP on my main machine or dual boot. I am just waiting for my gear to arrive....I expect to be up and running within two weeks. I''l post back once I get things set-up.

Matt

Back