• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Restore My Hard Drive!! Hal.Dll missing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

well earlier today i came across "missing/corrupted hal.dll" while plugging in my backup hard drive. now i can't boot even boot in window!! well i search google and many people are saying how you should boot in to Recovery Console but everytime i try to do that, it would saying something about they cannot detect any hard drives...so i was messing around with the bios and found out that if i left SATA Raid enable(i'm running on raid 0) then it wouldn't be able to detect any hard drive ( 3 total), but if i turn it off then bios would finally detect all 3 hdd. is there any fix? i don't want to lose 160gb of data.:mad: i tried installing and booting window xp with my 3rd hard drive and getting data from the other hdd but i can't unless raid is enable.

How do you mean pluged in the backup drive? While off? was the drive previously connected to this or any other system before?
What are all the boot options in the bios?
Did you f6 the raid drivers when attempting to enter the recovery console? Was the backup drive still attached?
Have you added the raid drivers to the system32 folder of the single drive since the format?
I could see potential problems and possible soloutions depending on your answers.

i turned off the computer to plug in my backup drive which was previously unplugged because i did not want anything to happen to it. i tried to boot the comp while the backup drive was still plugged in and taken off but nothing worked. i did install raid drivers during my first format but i never tried f6 the raid drivers when attempting to enter the recovery console. it was previously connected to this system before.

The raid will have to be enabled to get the data from the array. I would unplug the backup drive and try a repair install pressing f6 to load the raid drivers for the array. This would replace the hal.dll if it is truly missing or corrupted without overwriting your other data. I suspect that the boot ini was written over when the new drive was added.
This could also be fixed using the recovery console but again the raid would need to be enabled and the drivers f6'ed during setup. The bu drive should also be disconnected.
Either should work as long as nothing else was done to the drives and assuming that when you installed windows to the bu drive that it was the bu drive that it installed to.
With raid enabled do the drives show up correctly in the raid bios?

YESS!! it worked!! i f6 raid drivers and then i was able to get into the recovery console. after that i follow Microsoft instructions and got it to work. c

tthank you so much tho!!!!!!!!:beer: :clap: :D

Back