• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

luccide

so im pretty new to water cooling but am going to be needing it for my new system.

I have 2 8800gtx cards in sli
and a AMD 64 x2 +6000 that will need to be cooled
and would proably prefer to have things like the rad mounted outside the case ( not much space left inside).
was just hoping for some advice on what rad,pumps, tubing, blocks i should be getting.

btw i was thinking of using a pair of
Swiftech Stealth VGA Waterblock
for the gpus

Id pop the top off that cpu and use a storm, mcp655, and the VGA blocks would do fine. Any 120x3 rad. Use cheap tubing for now, till you know what you are doing. Then later get some nicer tubing.

--pak

:welcome: to the Forums!

Stealth water blocks are good and will reduce internal heat but a pair of MCW60s along with standard heat sinks and a side mount fan to exhaust the video heat is good, too.

CPU cooler should be the D-Tek Fusion for now, or the Apogee GTX. Both are good blocks but the Apogee needs a slightly bigger O-ring for that little edge.

I'm all for the MCP655 pump - a very good pump and extremely reliable.

For tubing, I'd get MasterKleer from McMaster-Carr. Very good tubing and cheap so you won't feel bad ordering a little extra in case you make a mistake. While you're at McMaster you might want to consider getting some screw clamps there, too. The non-perforated ones are great for removal and re-use as they won't tear up the tubing as much as other clamps will.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Good luck on your first WC loop! Any more questions just ask - we all learn by doing ... :)

Back