• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metallica is at it again: Rock Band

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When they went black I never went back... Referring to their black album of course.

Such a stupid lawsuit. If anything having their song in the game could increase sales.. No one is going to buy the game JUST to listen to one metallica song..

Perhaps if they didnt SUCK now, they would sell more albums...

Neur0mancer said:
Dang... remember when Metallica was cool? Gotta be 30 at least to remember back that far....

Im 35 :eek:

So I remember.. :)

Wow, good read. I can't believe Metallica thinks they lost money to illegal downloading instead of the fact that they're 70-year-old 'rockers' and now completely irrelevant.

"Metallica is fearful that album sales could decline if their fans were able to simply walk into any Gamestop or Best Buy and purchase an $80 video game that contained one of their songs."

Who would buy an $80 video game just to listen to 1 metallica song :shrug:

Reading the comment on the bottom gives you this link.

http://www.xbox360rally.com/metallica-suing-red-octane-and-harmonix-nope-sorry/

Seems it was just a hoax that was floating around. Who knows.

BTW. I'm 28 and i remember the whole napster ordeal. The band just took a big dump is all. Probally to many drugs to realize there new music sucks. They should go back to what made them popular. You know produce rock.

when will they just curl up and die or at least change their name?!

i have no shame - i'll be first to admit when i first heard about metallica i was 16ish and I was between albums (MOP and JUSTICE). I was a fan because they were still kinda underground then, they didn't start any major touring on their own yet (just headlining for ozzie).

/embarrassed i had posters on my wall, magazine articles...

then they came out with the black album. then Load of ****.

once Cliff died that was it. Hetfield and Ulrich found it easy to turn their gig into a money making machine instead of staying true to what got them there.

no i'm not bitter. i don't worship at any band's altar anymore.

lol, these guys still play?

Guess i'll have to watch the billings at the state/county fairs this year to catch their show. Hell, maybe they will play with Winger and Warrent.

I'm gonna bet money that the article is fake.

i saw it on Digg as well, and something just seemed off. One of the things that seemed odd, was that they wanted the names of all the people who pre-ordered GH3. i mean, come on now...Not even microsoft would want the names of people who pre-ordered something. They'd just go to the company, force them to take it off, and be done with it.

Also, the topic is wrong. The topic says "Rock Band" While the whole article is about Guitar Hero 3.

And honestly, but i doubt they'd sue over this, because they have another album coming out soon. They expect to release it in February. So if anything, this will help them make more sales, than hurt sales.

All in all, I call BS

Neur0mancer said:
Dang... remember when Metallica was cool? Gotta be 30 at least to remember back that far....

I'm 19 and Metallica is still cool lol, at least with a boat load of me and my friends.

ziggo0 said:
I'm 19 and Metallica is still cool lol, at least with a boat load of me and my friends.

There music is still considered good by many people, but they have been extremely whiny the last few years mainly in regards to P2P. It has lost them a lot of "street cred".

My question is, didn't the game developers have to get the song rights before they could put the songs in a game? If so then why is Metallica still complaining as I am sure they were paid a nice sum of cash.

rainless said:
You thought I didn't like the Wii? Wait til you hear my take on Metallica...

oh please no...i'v already heard it before...we REALLY don't need to go down that path AGAIN.

And for the record people, i'm still a metallica nut. I admit that St. Anger sucked, but i'm hoping their new CD will be good.

"Metallica is fearful that album sales could decline if their fans were able to simply walk into any Gamestop or Best Buy and purchase an $80 video game that contained one of their songs."

Even if it is fake. Not like anyone hears them everyday on the 'mightymet' show.

Smells of BS no way are activision stupid enough to not aquire the correct permissions to include the tracks what make up the game in the first place.

Mettalica suck btw, 95 was the last time they rocked and just what was st anger?

Back