• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Burner Wont Read Cds Anymore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

For some reason my Sony DRU-710A mysteriously stopped reading cd's.

It will read dvd's, dvdr'rw'dl's but wont read a simple ATI Driver Disk..

any ideas?

its flashed to the latest firmware and have already tried reinstalling and already tried disabling autorun and such.

when i close the tray it will act like its reading the disk, than when i go into my computer it wont show the disk at all.

Have you tried a music cd? Those are pressed instead of duplicated and are most compatible. I'm not sure how the ati driver disk might have been created, so its possible it could be an incompatibility with your drive and the disk.

I would go into device manager and delete the cd drive, then go to actions scan for hardware changes at the top. The drive will be recognized and automatically reinstalled in software. Try again and see if its working then.

How old is it? It sounds like its giving out on you and it may be time for a new one.

Back