• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem w/pc power & cooling 850 SSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corpsejockey

N00b squad Member
I have had this psu for a few months. I have been using it as a test psu. It has no P4 connector so I decided to swap out the EVO Stream 720 in my main rig for more versaltility on the bench.
Now the 850 SSI will only power up my main system about half the time. I get a quick blurb of fans and lights then nothing, or it powers up but does not post.
When it does power up, I can hear a faint clicking from the psu.

I have tried a minimal build.
I retested with EVO Stream, and the pc works just fine.
I shorted green to ground with a couple of hdd's for load, but the unit refuses to turn on at all.

I am rather certain it is toast, but I thought I'd ask for advice here first.

BTW - Is it rather painless to rma through pc p & c/ocz?

Get on the phone man. Been trying to get a hold of you since Tuesday.

RMA should not be a problem. They do it by serial number. Get in touch with me man, I'll straighten this out.

I may have tracked down the issue, but I may still have to rma. If I use the other pci-e power connector, the unit seems to work fine. I think I can fix it, but I may as well cough up shipping to have it repaired under warranty.

Back