• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I did too much research

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabidpulse

Registered
In case the title has you confused let me give you some background. I recently went to a friends house to play some games with him over a LAN. We usually do this kinda thing at my house because I have two desks and an extra monitor. However, he recently graduated from college and got a nice LCD tv. So he has two displays at his place. Well I went over and we played some games and I was very impressed by the picture on his TV. The next day I decided to upgrade from my CRT to a nice LCD display. So I started researching different LCD screens comparing prices to quality and learning about the interworkings of LCD monitors. Now to make a long story short I decided to buy the dell 2407wfp. I also decided that I should upgrade my computer to go with the new monitor so i ordered a new vidcard some more memory and two more HDDs. Well the monitor arrived on tuesday but the rest of the stuff won't arrive until thursday. This is where my problem comes into view. I thought it would be a good idea to make sure the monitor works and didn't have any flaws or problems so I hooked it up to the home theater system. So the monitor works perfectly, the picture is bright, the colors are vibrant and DVD's look great on it. In fact this monitor is the perfect addition to my home theater system. If I would not have done so much research to find the perfect monitor I probably would have bought a smaller and much cheaper LCD screen. So now I sit here at a crossroads should I throw away my crappy TV and replace it with the 2407 and continue to use my 21" samsung 900ift, or should I continue along my original plan and replace my computer monitor? I am just ****ed because the monitor actually would be better utilized as the display for the HT than as my main monitor on my computer. I only wish my computer was in the same room as the HT then I could use it for both purposes but that is a moot point since they are not. Well just a little venting on my part. I guess i can a little fun tomorrow installing my new hardware.

:welcome: to the forums!!

I'd highly suggest using the 2407 as your desktop monitor. ;)

Maybe later you could upgrade your HT tv with something a little larger than a 24". :D

I'm also looking at getting that exact monitor. How much do you like it? Any gripes with it?

No gripes so far, but I have only been able to use the component video and s-video inputs so far. These have been great improvement over the crt tv. The only thing is the color is not right out of the box I had to adjust it, but that was easily solved with using the onscreen menu. I'll post a reply when I get my new video card.

Not really a new member joined in 2004, I am just a quiet person I prefer to read the forums rather than post. Thanks for the welcome just the same.

Back