• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been "out of the loop", how does Innovatek "place" these days?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mpw71

Been "out of the loop", how does Innovatek "place" these days?

A few years ago, I build a top-of-the-line system and used Innovatek parts for the water cooling. I really liked Innovatek's build quality and fit/finish. I was very happy with the performance. I haven't had that machine for a couple years, though...

But I've been out of the loop for a couple years now regarding water cooling and I am planning to build a new, performance system, with a top CPU and dual top video cards. Is Innovatek still competitive?

I will be pushing my system pretty hard. I plan on water cooling the CPU and the two GPU's (obviously). Will a 3x120 Rad be enough with average noise from fans and typical room temperature?

Is it necessary to think about water cooling RAM, power supplies, or chipsets these days?

Thanks all.

I've never really seen much innovetek stuff.

I'd stick with swiftech/thermochill/Fuzion

RAM = No. PSU = Been done not worth it Chipsets = Not needed but no benefits from an air cooler such as hr-05

James is right, though I would add XSPC to his parts list.

Watercooling your chipset has shown that you can maybe eek an extra 50mhz on your total clock, fine if you're trying to break a WR but for normal use the flow resistance in the block makes it innefficient. Same goes for RAM. PSU's are only watercooled for those needing a totally silent PC.

Think of it this way, you're adding unneccesary heat to your loop meaning whatever comes after your chipset/ram/psu in the loop has more heat then is needed because aircooling is all thats needed on these componnents.

:welcome: back mpw71.

mpw71 said:
I will be pushing my system pretty hard. I plan on water cooling the CPU and the two GPU's (obviously). Will a 3x120 Rad be enough with average noise from fans and typical room temperature?
Probably, but it without specifics it's really hard to say. With GPU's now using more juice than CPU's, a heavily overclocked SLI setup might dump 500 watts into the coolant. How you define "average fan noise" and "typical room temp" will make a huge difference too. If you're going for something close to silence and you don't have AC, you're definitely to need more rad. And if the thermostat isn't in the room with the computer, you might find that even with AC your ambient temps get a bit high after a few hours of of flat-out gaming.

Is it necessary to think about water cooling RAM, power supplies, or chipsets these days?
In most cases, no. All that stuff needs cooling, but none of it really needs watercooling.

BTW, the Fuzion blocks are made by D-Tek.

Thanks all.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Wow, it look like nobody really uses innovatek. That's too bad, their stuff has a really nice build and there is a lot of flexibility/modularity, etc...

Caution: Personal Opinion!
My biggest problem with Innovatek is their fondness for Aluminum (or Aluminium depending on which side of the pond), needlessly causing one to have mixed metal loops, with all of those issues.

Back