• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP with Samsung 226BW & NVIDIA Geoforce 6600 GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBaldwin

Hi All

I am hoping someone can help me.

I am running an AMD System with Windows XP home.

I have connected up my Samsung 226BW and something strange is going on.

My GFX Card is a Nvidia Geoforce 6600 GT 256mb (Possible needs upgrading)

If I connect the 226BW using the Analog connection with the adaptor then it works no problem but seems like I am wasting half the capabilities of the screen.

As soon as I connect using the DVI cable the following happens.

The boot up and welcome to XP loading screen display and then when it should display the Logon screen I just get a black screen and the power light flashes as if it standby mode but wont come out of it.

I have tried starting in safe mode and it doesnt matter what resolution I try I get the black screen. I have set the refresh rate to 60hz but no joy. I have downloaded the new graphics card drivers from NVidia but the same story.

Do I need a new graphics card or is there some setting that I am missing. (If I need a new GFX Card please let me know if you are using one with the 226BW)

I would appreciate any advise, thanks in advance
John

Last edited:
I am only connecting one at a time but only the Analog connection will work. The Digital connection gives me a blank screen

Problem Solved, for anyone that is interested I replaced the 6600GT GFX card with the 8600GT card and all my problems are gone. Just added some additional cost.

Back