• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Olevia RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazaro

8/7 Ordered 437V "Recertified" from Newegg

8/8 Received said TV :santa: , said TV works for 2 mintes, said TV then dies :(

*By the way, the TV is beautiful, no scratches, perfectly clean LCD, no dead pixels, nothing aesthetically wrong with it.

8/9 Called Olevia in the morning, excellent support.

Summary (Something like this):
CS Call said:
Press 1 Me:
Press 2
Press 5
Hello this is Jay.
Me: Hey Jay.
Me: My tv was working for 2 minutes, now it won't power on
Jay: Ok, unplug the tv...
Me: I already went through what your website listed. I have tried 2 power cords and 3 sockets, I have tripled checked that the master power is on. Power draw is fine since it is same socket as old TV.
Jay: Ok, when did you buy this?
Me: 2 days ago
Jay: Ok, from who?
Me: Newegg
Jay: Ok so since you bought it so recently
Jay: Uhh
Jay: I'm just gonna pay for shipping both ways, and we're gonna send you the sheet to print in 3 minutes and, just send us the receipt and we'll send you the printable pre-paid shipping label

That was better than I expected...

8/12 Arranged a UPS pickup at house for 8/14 (9am to 3:30pm, what the guy told me)

8/14 Stay home from 9am-4:50pm, return home at 5:20. No UPS.

8/15 Call UPS to find out what happened, they said they never had a pickup like that, keep talking and find out that the driver came at 5:17pm, :bang head arrange pickup for tomorrow, this time telling me that he will pick up about ~5:20

8/16 Meet UPS driver at 5:18 and give him TV.

8/17 I wake up, I'm tired, I browse OCF and should probably let people know how my RMA is going for future references. I also need to call them because I don't have the tracking number anymore.:cool:

*8/17 Olevia called and said the TV would be here Tuesday 2pm-4pm

Last edited:
I researched Olevia's customer support over at avsforum.com. I read enough to know they had good support, especially since Neweggs return policy on bulk items have you dealing with the manufacturers :rolleyes:

Matter of fact, was one of the reasons I didn't have any heartburn buying an Olevia open box and saved about $200

The LCD I received did have minor damaged, I made a post about this experience here

It was an easy fix, the original knucklehead owner pushed the power button in to far and I fixed it in about a minute. But if I couldn't fix it, I was confident Olevia had decent support.

8/23 A lot of UPS troubles... Olevia just sent one of their warehouse vans over to my place at a time I arranged since it was close. :D

TV looks better than the other one , and everything is working great now. Pics in a bit.

Hmm... I think i see some dead pixels, better send it this way and uh.. well I can take that off your hands...:drool:

:D I don't know if it's :drool: worthy, but I can't complain for the service they did for the price and quality of the TV at $676.18 even if it did take a little long er than I thought :)

Back