• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games you mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

I just started modding Supreme Commander and wow, it is extremely user friendly. I don't know much about modding other games but just the way it is setup.

So since i just began I figured I'd start a thread and check if you guys mod any games. I don't mean the hacker/modders such as the asses who cheat in video games such as halo 2, so if you are one of them, you are not wanted.

I guess I'll start. As of now I'm just playing around with units in Supreme Commander. I want to start making new units with new textures and models though.

I made a few maps for Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam a couple of years ago. I had some good times playing the maps on the LAN with friends.

Once I get my new machine set up and online I hope to begin modding Morrowind, but in all honesty I haven't got the slightest clue where to begin.

Tetran said:
Once I get my new machine set up and online I hope to begin modding Morrowind, but in all honesty I haven't got the slightest clue where to begin.

Its not that difficult. The building tools that comes with the game is user friendly.
Ive made a lot of CS(and Source) maps, mostly back during 1.5 and the early days of 1.6.

I mod GTR and GTR2. I've only released two of my works because I'm almost OCD about quality and perfection. I also had no idea that it was going to be such hard work either. It took me almost three months to make this car. I did everything. Coding for the suspension, engine, aero, tires, brakes, did the paintjob using photoshop and a few other programs used for unpacking and repacking .tex files, and I developed the sounds completely from scratch using real samples from real Nissan 350z's.

So far this is the ONLY car released for GTR2 that has 100% realistic turbo spooling and BOV sounds that are binded to lifting off of the throttle as opposed to when the car shifts. I'm quite proud of it, but I think there is room for improvement. If anyone here plays GTR2 give it a go and leave your thoughts on it.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=2050&readme=1#readme

Original 350z sound mod that Simbin was too lazy to implement..

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=1691&readme=1#readme

xilix said:
I mod GTR and GTR2. I've only released two of my works because I'm almost OCD about quality and perfection. I also had no idea that it was going to be such hard work either. It took me almost three months to make this car. I did everything. Coding for the suspension, engine, aero, tires, brakes, did the paintjob using photoshop and a few other programs used for unpacking and repacking .tex files, and I developed the sounds completely from scratch using real samples from real Nissan 350z's.

So far this is the ONLY car released for GTR2 that has 100% realistic turbo spooling and BOV sounds that are binded to lifting off of the throttle as opposed to when the car shifts. I'm quite proud of it, but I think there is room for improvement. If anyone here plays GTR2 give it a go and leave your thoughts on it.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=2050&readme=1#readme

Original 350z sound mod that Simbin was too lazy to implement..

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=1691&readme=1#readme
that is awesome. I love the nissan 350z and that is such a sweet model. Sadly, i hate PGR and it has pretty much made me dislike racing games besides burnout. I may try GTR ot forza though. None the less, that looks amazing

that is awesome. I love the nissan 350z and that is such a sweet model. Sadly, i hate PGR and it has pretty much made me dislike racing games besides burnout. I may try GTR ot forza though. None the less, that looks amazing

I never got into PGR. I only play sims on the PC. Why did PGR sour you? You should give GTR2 a try, it's an awesome sim. I'll install GTR2 and capture some footage of gameplay, and some footage of the 350z I made, so you can get a feel for how the game plays.

Thanks for the compliment on the 350z. I tried my hardest to make it behave as much like a high boost single turbo as possible. The boost comes on hard like a big single turbo should, which is fun. You have to pedal it in 1st and second gear, and the turbo spooling and BOV sounds just egg you on to keep beating on it.

My next project is going to be putting a Whipple Supercharger on the Corvette and Saleen S7, but I'm having a hard time finding good samples of the Whipple.

I got a RPG/GG mod server running up in css. Its so good. the server is almost always full, and were getting 3-4more servers up hopefully .

and those Supcom mods can be really nice. Which ones you got installed?

My next project is going to be putting a Whipple Supercharger on the Corvette and Saleen S7, but I'm having a hard time finding good samples of the Whipple.

I'm seriously considering getting the game at this point - that model is awesome. I'm glad you're anal about it - cause car physics/sounds really do need it.

On the whipple - see if you can find clips from the Vauxhall/Holden Monaro VXR500. It uses an L67 engine (virtually identical sound to the LS2) with a supercharger from the factory. Otherwise if you can find the 'blower whine' sounds from the Mercedes McLaren SLR that is kinda close and then try to trim the audio and merge it with a running Vette...

Though the pulley will also have a bit to do with what is heard. My 98 GTP with a stock pulley was really quiet, but with a smaller pulley and other mods you could really hear it whine under boost.

I used to have alot of fun modding Age of Mythology years ago. My roommate and I would spend hours creating new units, and moding the structures in the game. We were kind of like most of you were we wanted everything to be prefect to the point of seeming like it was packaged with the origional game. I think my favorite mod that I did was a flying temple with active defences.

I'm seriously considering getting the game at this point - that model is awesome. I'm glad you're anal about it - cause car physics/sounds really do need it.

On the whipple - see if you can find clips from the Vauxhall/Holden Monaro VXR500. It uses an L67 engine (virtually identical sound to the LS2) with a supercharger from the factory. Otherwise if you can find the 'blower whine' sounds from the Mercedes McLaren SLR that is kinda close and then try to trim the audio and merge it with a running Vette...

Though the pulley will also have a bit to do with what is heard. My 98 GTP with a stock pulley was really quiet, but with a smaller pulley and other mods you could really hear it whine under boost.

Here is a video I made of the 350z Turbo. It's flash video, so the sound isn't nearly as good as the source, but it gives you an idea of what it sounds like and how it goes. I'll be making more videos of GTR 2 soon, and I'll make sure to postem up here.

I gotta tell ya, thats one hell of a mod man. Great job, loved the vid.

Thanks man. I'm happy when people see value in my work. Before I released thismod last year, I was so nervous, but it worked out pretty well. The things that took me the longest were figuring out how to paint the car, creating the sounds and creating the engine power curve. Just learning to paint it and then painting it took me weeks. And the engine curve took me quite a while to get right. I had to match the engine curve to boost power exactly when the turbo starts to spool. Ultimately it seems to have really created an authentic feel.

Back