• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking GA-K8NSC-939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cdizzle

I own a GA-K8NSC-939 mobo, and I am trying to over clock it... I have a 3800+ X2 processor (2.00GHz stock) and I have it overclocked to 2.40GHz as we speak. I am running at around 48C idle and when I tried to run Prime95 I got an error right away. It said it was a hardware error. I am guessing it has something to do with my overclock cause that is the BSOD error that I always get when I push something too far, but 2.40GHz on this mobo shouldnt be too bad with that temp should it? I looked at my FSB in cpu-z and it is 960.2MHz and the mobo is capible of 1600Mhz... I dont think that is the issue. Unless I dont know what the stock FSB is and I need to up the voltage to the FSB... Anyone have any input? My RAM is at 171.5MHz, all my specs are listed in my sig...

48C idle is actually pretty high, but since you did not specify an aftermarket CPU cooler I assume you are using the stock AMD one, which is NOT meant for overclocking, especially for the large die size X2 chips.

If you really aim to overclock the X2 look to get a cooler from thermalright or zalman, and bring the temps down to the high 30s to mid 40s, only then would your chip stand up to higher voltages when pushed.

Also, your board is only capable of 800mhz HTT (a bit different from CPU FSB, see FAQ here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/102), so 960mhz is WAY over spec. The reason the site lists 1600mhz is similar to why DDR400/PC3200 actually only runs at 200mhz.

Are you taking into account your ht speed? This should not go above 1000 by much. At 240 mhz if your ht is x5 would be 1200. That would really be pushing the ht.
I am not fimiliar with your ram but does it have ratings for more then one speed? You should be using a divider that will keep it around 200 mhz.
I am guessing that you know how to get to advanced menus in bios?

Back