• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confusedxx

Registered
I need some serious help. Windows Vista 64 has been crashing on me with just about everything I need or want on the PC. So I am ready to put it on the shelf and give MS and the other vendors another 6 months to develop it before I spend more time on it.

I am running a RAID on the MB controller. It is an Intel controller and is set as Raid 0. I want to reinstall (Rebuild the whole PC) with Win XP. I just do not see Vista working for me during the next few months. I inserted my old Win XP Pro CD and get a XP starting but then it crashes and says the program has stopped to protect your computer. It also does not recognize my RAID disks. It once asked me to install the raid drivers from Disk A. I do not have a floppy disk on this PC. So I put in the MB CD that has the raid drivers, but win xp kept coming back and asking for Disk A.

So please help me figure out how to install XP and lose the entire Vista install. :mad:

Native XP doesn't recognize that Intel raid, did you boot with the F6 sequence and with Intel driver in the floppy drive ?

There is no Floppy drive on this machine. Just a DVD drive. What do you recommend as the way to install?

Can I take the raid apart in the controller and then put it back together once windows xp is installed

Slipstream the Intel Floppy Driver on your XP CD with nLite (google it) !

You know where to download that Floppy Driver right ?

confusedxx said:
Can I take the raid apart in the controller and then put it back together once windows xp is installed

No, you can not do that.

In your case since the raid volume is the boot/os volume, then the raid configuration must be created in the Intel BIOS screen through the Ctrl-I buttons "BEFORE" any OS installation.

Back