• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EA is actually charging people for this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speciale

Disabled
Madden '08 on the PC...it is, to the T...the EXACT game as last year. Now usually people say this sort of tongue in cheek ignoring the minor upgrades, but no...this year IT IS THE EXACT SAME GAME. There is literally nothing new except rosters.

Why the hell does the PC always get the shaft like this? This is two years in a row now that the xbox and PS3 version have been vastly different which means that they haven't actually done anything to this game in 3 years.

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

They do it because people buy it and they can save some money by not making many changes. Thats what Im guessing.

It's essentially the same concept with every need for speed game, but they add a little "something" to each one so it looks "different" yet it remains the same game.
EA is a giant turd.

UnrealAlex said:
It's essentially the same concept with every need for speed game, but they add a little "something" to each one so it looks "different" yet it remains the same game.
EA is a giant turd.
Yeah, but atleast in those games they are totally different maps and cars.

Speciale said:
Madden '08 on the PC...it is, to the T...the EXACT game as last year. Now usually people say this sort of tongue in cheek ignoring the minor upgrades, but no...this year IT IS THE EXACT SAME GAME. There is literally nothing new except rosters.

Why the hell does the PC always get the shaft like this? This is two years in a row now that the xbox and PS3 version have been vastly different which means that they haven't actually done anything to this game in 3 years.

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Two years ago there was no PS3 version and the PS2 version was pretty well the PC version, both of which were FAR superior to the stripped down 360 version that was using the new (almost) beta gfx engine.

One year ago the 360 version (same as the PS3 version) was MUCH improved because they added all the options and things that should have been in Madden 06 on the 360 and to be honest i don't know what the PC version was. I was thinking it was like the PS2 version, but have no idea.

This year, on the 360 and PS3 Madden is pretty much the same game with a few new game options, better gfx and a physics/collision tweak here and there. Not too much to write home about.

What does the PC version resemble more, the 360 or the PS2 version? You wouldn't think it would be hard to port the 360 version to PC with the tools MS provides.

You may be getting screwed this year and possibly screwed on the gfx end last year, but 06 the PC version beat the snot out of the 360 version, easily.

freakdiablo said:
They do it because people buy.....

So instead of complaining, research the game before buying, then dont

i dont see why people are surpised about this, the only goo EA game was the sims.

Today's harsh life lesson bought to you by OCF members. :beer:

But yes, EA's support is extremely bad. Some of the games can be alright, but it's definitely delivering quantity not quality.

Mr.Guvernment said:
So instead of complaining, research the game before buying, then dont

i dont see why people are surpised about this, the only goo EA game was the sims.

In the guys defense, there was absolutely NO information from EA regarding the look and presentation of the 2008 PC version... Even now there is very little out...

Its EA dirty little dark secret... :eek:

Speciale said:
I'm not sure you guys are getting it...the xbox and PS3 versions are entirely different games. What the hell gives?

Where you been? EA has been doing that for YEARS. Going all the way back to madden 2000 best as I can tell. Madden 2000 for the PS2 (or was it 2001? Think it was 2001). Okay Madden 2001 on the PC was madden 2000 on the PS2... and so on.

stratcatprowlin said:
I have only noticed like 3 new animations.That's about it.I'm dissappointed as well but I still love Madden!

What would they do without you. :)

OC Noob said:
Market harder, cut developement budget even more and possibly buy the rights to the football so 2K has to use cantalopes in All Pro Football 09:D

You're the new EA VP aren't you!

lol if they were listening would this thread be neccessary? Nope :D They *never* listen.. like I said, EA is a cheap ***. Although I do enjoy pwning some n00bs in BF2 :D

Back