• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build, comments?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infamouslol

Registered
So i've finally come up with some money for a big upgrade, more like new computer but you get it.

Anyways, I've come up with the following:
Intel E6750
Abit IP35-E
Crucial Ballistix 2GB
Western Digital Caviar 3.0 16mb cache
Samsung SH-S183L
and a Corsair 520/620w* psu
ATi X1900XT(ALREADY HAVE!)

The 620w is pretty cheap from where I'm getting it, 129$. But would this be an overkill, or is the 520w enough? I do plan on upgrading my video card once more down the road when better dx10 games come out. (sticking with my x1900xt for now)
Oh yeah, some of the dx10 games I wanna play later on are:
crysis- I know it's very demanding, only looking for medium settings
Hellgate:London
TFC2
and maybe alan wake o=

Anyways, comments/suggestions are welcome, needed actually. so go ahead D

EDIT: How long does ClubIT take to process orders? I ordered my corsair 520w on saturday.. still waiting for approval o.o

Last edited:
Get the HX620. There is no such thing as overkill in this game and the PSU is the backbone of the system.

The 620 doesn't have any more amps on the 12v rails, so unless you need more power on the 5v rail go with the 520. Someone speak up if they know of another reason the 620 is better.

jason4207 said:
The 620 doesn't have any more amps on the 12v rails, so unless you need more power on the 5v rail go with the 520. Someone speak up if they know of another reason the 620 is better.

I agree, it really wouldn't help much to go for THIS 620, you shouldn't have any problems. I have a 450 antec PSU and it supplies my sig-rig just fine, it all depends on those 12v rails.

thanks! I just ordered the 520w @ buy.com with google checkout $89 free shipping :D. Still trying to decide between mobos!

Can't go wrong with the Abit IP35 or the Asus P35 chipset version (forgot the model number).

You mentioned DX10 games. You do know your old X1900XT won't support DX10, right? Also, you'll need Windows Vista.

Back