• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i have a x-fi, but i need firewire for music creation.. any solutions??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

ok so I got a good sound card in my pc... creative X-fi music which is awesome for gaming... It doesnt have a firewire port.. which is where my concern is.. I am starting to get into music creation.

Alot of peeps say go for firewire audio equipment for recording etc.. esp since i need a mixer with phantom power output for a mic.. there are USB ones and Firewire ones..

I dont wanna give up the sound card.. i could just go with a USB mixer but obiously from what ive read firewire is the way to go.. now would a firewire add on pci card be sufficient enough for the job? From what i also hear is that a good soundcard is ideal for processing/creating audio... I dont know if the firewire add on card would interfere with that? Thanks

otherwise I think my option is to ditch the sound card and go with one that has firewire (at teh expence it wont be as good for playing pc games etc)

My old audigy 2 had a firewire port.. I gave it to a friend so its in his system... i could swap with him and he would be getting a upgrade.. if thats my last resort.. =(

Just get a PCI card. As far as a good card for music creation, I have no idea, but I would imagine having firewire on a dedicated device would be better anyway.

Back