• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best PDF Reader?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tbrooks

I'm looking for a new PDF reader program that is not bloated for my laptop. I don't need anything fancy all I really do is read PDF's with it.

+3 on Foxit

Especially for the capability of writing stuff onto existing PDFs. The free version does stick an annoying uneditable "watermark" on it if you save, though. Although interestingly enough, reopening it in Adobe and then back in Foxit allows you to remove the watermark until the next save.

+4 for Foxit. But I still have AR8 on hand for the rare instance when Foxit does not print a document properly.

My favorite PDF viewer is Apple's Preview. I can't think of any complaints except that I wish they'd release a version for Windows.

Anymore I view Adobe Reader as dysfunctionware. The newer versions are slow and bloated, and I can't consistently print multi-page PDFs from Reader 8.1 to HP Color Laserjets, only the first two pages will print. Preview always prints them fine, it's not a driver issue.

Good point Ben. On my Mac @ work Preview is pretty darn quick for opening PDFs. I do like that! But sometimes I need the features of Acrobat Pro so I have to drag the pdf on to the Acrobat Pro Alias on my dock. Bah... that's so much work - LOL

I use adobe reader 8 lite, takes out all teh bloated stuff, plugins, and gives u just the reader. starts up pretty darn fast imo.

And after my praise for FoxIt, I must mention that it doesn't play nice with my dorm's custom print server - always sends a blank page with an error =(

Oh hell, +10 for Foxit. :thup: It actually WORKS, compared to Adobe's worthless piece of ****.

I am so sick and tired of Adobe's bloated and smelly piece of bile...good riddance Adobe Reader!! :mad:

Another vote for FoxIt! Lightweight, does the job, and doesn't eat up the resources of Adobe's products.

Back