• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista and AVG antivirus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It will even work with 64bit Vista too. I've used it on 64bit Ultimate.

Works for me....but the Windows defender blocked it from loading at startup...so I disabled windows defender..no more problem.

Its not a 64bit scanner though from what I have read only the paid version is, so it will only scan the 32 bit files.

Its not a 64bit scanner though from what I have read only the paid version is, so it will only scan the 32 bit files.

while that is true there are very few 64bit programs so most of his stuff would be scanned and be protected

I'm running Vista 32, I looked around and NOD32...seems to be the best and its also the least resource hungry...but not free... $40.

I'm running Vista 32, I looked around and NOD32...seems to be the best and its also the least resource hungry...but not free... $40.

Yes, but it is also one of the very best in the business and as you so rightly point out is the least resource hungry. NOD32 is well worth the $40 and though they don't update hourly like Kaspersky they still update 3-5 times daily. Excellent choice.

Back