• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan for a Ultima 90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnnysd

Registered
Just ordered the Ultima 90 and was wondering which fan to get for it. Can the fan be controlled by the MB like a stock cooler, or is it a full speed/separate fan controller situation?

Just ordered the Ultima 90 and was wondering which fan to get for it. Can the fan be controlled by the MB like a stock cooler, or is it a full speed/separate fan controller situation?

Lap and use good quality TIM,and you may not need it. :beer:

I'm considering ordering one of these too. Any significant difference between the Scythe SFlex "F" or the 120 Panaflo Ultra Quiet? Both say 68cfm. Or if I go with a 90 fan how is the Yate Loon D90BM-12?

I'm considering ordering one of these too. Any significant difference between the Scythe SFlex "F" or the 120 Panaflo Ultra Quiet? Both say 68cfm. Or if I go with a 90 fan how is the Yate Loon D90BM-12?

I went with the Scythe Flex F fan because it was the one used in the Anandtech review so I know it works well, and it is on Silentpcreviews recommended fan list for fans, although they don't like the F as muchas the D or E. I will have it attached to Zalman fan controller so I can adjust the speed of the fan for the best combination of noise/cooling. You could also use a MB fan connector or FanMate to do the same thing.

I do hear a lot of good things about the Scythe fans. I'm just trying to decide whether to go with a 90 or 120. I don't plan to OC at this time. I'll be staying at stock speed but am looking for better cooling than the stock hs/f.

At stock speeds, the E version might be a good choice for the fan.

Thanks. I just placed an order at jab-tech for the Ultima 90 and a couple of fans so I can decide which I like best. 2 Panaflo H1A's (92) and the Scythe S-Flex and a Yate Loon 120...SL D12C I think it was.

Did you come to a conclusion yet? I'm using a single 92mm Panaflo H1A. However, I recently bought a Rheobus and may switch to 2 x 120mm Yate Loon D12SM-12 (med speed, 70.5 CFM @ 33 dBA) in a push-pull config.

Just an FYI. The clips provided with the Ultima-90 allow you to use either open or closed corner fans. As soon as I get my new case, I'm going to switch from my single 92mm Panaflo H1 to a pair of 120mm Yate Loon Medium speed fans on a fan controller in a push/pull config.

Back