• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E2140 BSEL mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Orang3`

I did the pin mod (short-VSS-to-BSEL1) which went okay (outlined here). I didn't take a screenshot before I did the mod so I'm njot quite sure what's going on. The multiplier of the 2140 I thought was 8 (source) and the bus speed 200mhz (it says on the box). Now after the mod when using CPUid I see a multiplier of 6 and a bus speed of 1066 yielding the same final clock speed of 1.60 ghz. I did run super pi to 1million digits before the mod and got a score of 40.7 seconds, afterwards i'm getting 33.39 seconds.

So in summary:
before > clock-speed 1.6 GHz > mult. ? > bus speed ???? > superpi 1M 40.72s
after (cpu-id) > clock-speed 1.6 GHZ > mult. 6 > bus speed 1066 > superpi 1M 33.39s

:beer:

P.S. this is the fry's deal for ECS P4M900T-M & E2140 from last week

UPDATE: mod successful, cpu stable @ 2.13GHz = 8*266MHz

Last edited:
Try disabling C1 or speedstep to prevent the CPU from throttling to a lower multiplier during idle. See if you can attain the proper frequency then.

Good luck,

bryan d

the m/b prolly won't let me get to 333MHz (doesn't support 1333MHz cpus) let alone that :mad:

BSEL mod will not help you pass FSB wall (around 400).

its just to clock the chip higher on that board because it doesnt have any PCIe or PCI locks... so if the mobo sees that the cpu is default 266fsb it will put the pcie and pci locks at their stock settings and will allow you to get to higher fsb (round 290-300) because the fsb : pcie/pci ratio is higher so they dont change with the fsb as fast.

n e ways glad the mod worked out for you... its a pretty good deal what was it like 89 bucks or something? for a 2.13ghz core 2 duo 1mb chache. nice :beer:

ya it's that deal.. my friend got it, he doesn't want to spend money :soda:

thanks for the info

i'll try to O/C it more maybe >>>>>>>>

Last edited:
ya it's that deal.. my friend got it, he doesn't want to spend money :soda:

thanks for the info

i'll try to O/C it more maybe >>>>>>>>

with that board u can probably get up to round 290-300fsb and not have any corruption or n e thing of the sort on the pci buss.

lol funny that you post something i posted.

#2, (tough)

edit: did anyone catch this same deal for a sweet 69.99:drool:

Last edited:
I tried the 200->266 Mod but it doesn't work on my Asrock 4core1333-fullhd (and E2140).
Has anyone tried this mod with an Asrock mobo?

I tried the 200->266 Mod but it doesn't work on my Asrock 4core1333-fullhd (and E2140).
Has anyone tried this mod with an Asrock mobo?

I haven't, but it should work regardless of mobo, are you 100% confident with the connection on the cpu contacts?

Last edited:
My E2140 is hitting a FSB wall around 385x8, should i give this mod a shot to see if it can bump speeds up at all?

I recently undertook Orange3's mod of an Ecs E2140 Combo
CircuitWriter Pen, .015mm SilverBearing Solder, Permatex de-
Fogger Kit were the weapons of choice. Iv'e tried all these
things for this mod. My Solder-Joints were clean flat, No post.
I gave up on Defogger kit It's Copper mixture was too "Soupy"
Finally the CircuitWriter Pen Looked to be the one that was
going to work with very clean and masked lines. Not one has
worked. It just wont post to the 1066 speed. Is there an up-
date to this mod or do I need a P35 mobo to Crank this ****er
up or what? PanchoV

does the cpu boot up in the board at stock? no, no update or anything are needed for the mod to work. its odd yours didnt unless the board you got is just 800fsb max board....

which ecs board did you get with the cpu? what about the rest of your parts?

Mobo Ecs P4M900T-M Supports 800/1066Mhz FSB ( Memory limited to 667 )
Cpu E2140 @ 1.6
Ram Ocz Platinum DDR2 800
Video Card PNY XLR8 8800GTS 320
HardDrives Still on IDE Don't laugh! 80GiG

Note: After the Bsel-Vss mod it Booted up @ Stock Freq: 1.6Ghz

Note: This was after **Each** attempt: Soldering, Defogger Paint
CircuitWriter Pen....Etc

Note: Lines were "Clean" In "All" attempts.

Note: My research of this mod is obviously incomplete.

Back