• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii probs... anybody help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterTelia

Ok so i bought my Wii the day it got out in Denmark:), it has been working perfectly until about a month ago.:mad:

Prob is i cant go on the internet on it, cant access any channel that uses the internet. It started about a month ago, it started taking longer to come on the wii shop channel, some times it even froze, so i let it sit there for hours no change, just the little circle spinning around on the screen, took me a couple of tries to get on the shop. And then it froze completely wouldn't coem on wii shop or anything. But wierd thing is while it was like this i could still get emails and i could also update the wii at last update, all this i could do while i couldnt go on the shop channel. So about a week ago i reset my connection settings, i searched for my wireless access point it found it, put in password, and then it test my connection, takes about 1-2 mins before i get error code 52030. I dont know what started causing this prob, only thing i can think about is that i moved my router and wii so they now are placed opposite of what they were before. I have tried moving my wii and router so they had a clear line between eachother no helping in that.:mad::mad::mad:

Can electrical interference be the prob??:confused:

Anybody help plz... im going nutz...

EDIT: will it help putting the gateway, ip and all that in myself instead of letting the Wii find it.

You could try entering the connection info manually. Also, try disabling the security on your router for a bit and see if it'll connect then.

Failing all that, honestly it sounds like your Wii might be on it's way out. You might wanna give Nintendo a call and see about replacing it. They've been pretty good about it, afaik.

Ill try entering all the info manually.

If only i had a friend who had a Wii that uses the adaptor thingy so yuo can use a cable instead of wireless so i could see if it was the wireless that was broken.

I had a similar problem with mine after changing my entertainment center set up. I had moved an older CRT TV in between the wireless router and the Wii and that seemed to block out the signal completely and cause me to not be able to connect to anything. I moved the TV out of the line of sight of the Wii and it seemed to work well after that. Another option, if it's viable for you, is to purchase the wired NIC adapter. I think they're $40 USD and work quite well. I have a few friends that have them and haven't had any issues with them yet. I think if you call Nintendo they're going to say it's an issue with your wireless setup, so I'd troubleshoot that as much as possible before trying to contact Nintendo.

I just tried disabling security (using wep) and now it is working. Just wierd that i used the same security before i moved around and i had no probs. Any ways is there any real threath if i dont have the security turned on, i dont wanna lose internet access on my Wii but i dont wanna break this laptop i borrowed with a virus or something.

EDIT: though it still takes some time to coem on the Wii shop

well you can try reaneling security and setting it up and see if it works......ya know on the side does anything thing the Wii's access is slow?...I always thought maybe I was getting a bad signal in it's local....then I moved it same problem...and my friends seems slow too.... the rate at which updates and the store runs I don't see how online play is even possible.

I just tried disabling security (using wep) and now it is working. Just wierd that i used the same security before i moved around and i had no probs. Any ways is there any real threath if i dont have the security turned on, i dont wanna lose internet access on my Wii but i dont wanna break this laptop i borrowed with a virus or something.

EDIT: though it still takes some time to coem on the Wii shop

having your WEP not encrypted won't make it easier for you to get a virus. the WEP key is so other people around your house can't pick up on your wireless internet, and suck your bandwidth and stuff. ( at least, thats the MAIN problem with having a un-encrypted WEP key ).

And yeah, try to make sure there isn't a whole lot metal/electronics between your wii and your wireless router. Moving your Wii to the other side of the TV can make a difference.

and yeah, connecting to the wii shop channel for some reason does seem to take a bit of time. not sure why its so slow...but it is.

But, i'll bet nintendo will find a way to fix that. this IS their first *real* attempt at online play, and such. and with all the updates they relese for the wii, i'm sure they can find a way to either speed up the wii at connecting, or speed up their online channels.

The wireless router is sitting ontop of 2 speakers which are placed beside a amp and a cd player which is placed next to my comp. And the Wii is sitting ontop of a subwoofer just beside of my old 28" tv, and on the other side of the Wii is my temporary placing of tv antenna, unfortunatly i cant afford having cable in my room.

Im the only one in the house with a working comp atm so no-one can drain my internet as i also have password on the wireless.

Also thought my Wii had a prob cuz its so slow on the shop channel, hmmm, apperently not then.

Dude I'd get that Wii off the subwoofer. Not only because of the magnets but more so for the vibration damage. I had a roommate who complained he was on his third PS2...and yes some where junk and just broke, he always put it on his subwoofer where it constantly had it's components getting shook...I told him "of course the laser pickups kept dying you know how much you shook them?"....I'd move it.

I had a problem configuring my GF's DS to my wireless network. The solution was to be sure to use the WEP in slot #1. It must have taken me 90 minutes to configure the DS last year, my Wii went online in less than 2 minutes using WEP #1.

hmm, id better get the wii of the sub then, buts its the only place its out of "harms" way well i mean like scrachtes and so on. Nowi gotta redo the wirering and find a new spot for the wii.

hmm, id better get the wii of the sub then, buts its the only place its out of "harms" way well i mean like scrachtes and so on. Nowi gotta redo the wirering and find a new spot for the wii.

Thats probably the best thing you could do at the moment. that may not be affecting your internet problem with the wii, but it could create sooo many more problems.

and as blueswitch said, its not just because of the magnets ( which honestly...i doubt would do a whole lot of damage...but you never know ) but more-so because of the constant vibration. The lasers in drives are pretty sensitive. And the vibration from a sub woofer is different than the vibration of carrying the wii with you, even dropping it. its a low and deep vibration which will cause problems over time. Not with just the laser. but it could affect solder points as well, depending on how the innards of the wii is designed.

i dont know alot about routers and Wiis (yes im n00b) so i dont know if you can set a fixed ip on the wii, adn i dont know how to clear the ip address on the router so some help would be apriciated

Back