• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Careful bringing in old comps in your house!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mista ting

i brought in my friends old computer in my house just to tune it up and what do ya know a @$%!@#$ bed bug crawled out of it omfg!!! if i had not seen it, it would have infested my room female bedbugs lays about 13 eggs a day! and they come out at night and feed on your blood leaving red marks on your skin so i would recommending fixing any old computers in your garage or something because ya never know what pest might be in it and possibly infest your house :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bugs

Dude! I just spent $300 on an exterminator and $2,000 on beds a month ago because of a sofa someone gave us.They somehow made their way from the sofa in the living room into my two bedrooms.It took two treatments and about a month before we were rid of them altogether.The trouble of plastic bagging up all clothes and linen then washing everything and putting the stuff back in plastic bags to just wait till the insecticide kills all the bugs and all the leftover eggs hatch so it can kill the new bugs(The insecticide does not do anthing to the eggs btw)was a plague and an emotional ordeal for my family.My wife and two kids including myself were going mad about this.When we were finally free of them,it was like we just got out of a war or something lol!These pests are no joke and they must be delt with quickly and correctly.
Good luck and I hope you don't get infested like me.

Dude! I just spent $300 on an exterminator and $2,000 on beds a month ago because of a sofa someone gave us.They somehow made their way from the sofa in the living room into my two bedrooms.It took two treatments and about a month before we were rid of them altogether.The trouble of plastic bagging up all clothes and linen then washing everything and putting the stuff back in plastic bags to just wait till the insecticide kills all the bugs and all the leftover eggs hatch so it can kill the new bugs(The insecticide does not do anthing to the eggs btw)was a plague and an emotional ordeal for my family.My wife and two kids including myself were going mad about this.When we were finally free of them,it was like we just got out of a war or something lol!These pests are no joke and they must be delt with quickly and correctly.
Good luck and I hope you don't get infested like me.

omg thats horrible good job on getting rid of it. im freaking out right now i just found a bedbug on one of the sticky roach traps (i guess more came out of the comp and i didn't notice) i can't sleep right now knowing that there in here i'm gonna go sleep downstairs lol. first thing tomorrow is a full room clean / vacume and im gonna seal up any cracks + replace holey window mesh, could they come in from windows too?

rofl... ive had the same thing happen before so before i bring any old computers in i always blow them out / dismantle them in the garage

does it seam to give

"Good night dont let the bed bugs bite"

a whole new meaning?

omg thats horrible good job on getting rid of it. im freaking out right now i just found a bedbug on one of the sticky roach traps (i guess more came out of the comp and i didn't notice) i can't sleep right now knowing that there in here i'm gonna go sleep downstairs lol. first thing tomorrow is a full room clean / vacume and im gonna seal up any cracks + replace holey window mesh, could they come in from windows too?

Definitely seal any cracks in the wall because they might try and hide there.As far as the windows,it's possible but not likely the source.If I were you I would not only clean and vacuum but I would have an exterminator come and nip this in the bud before it gets out of control.You have seen two bugs already,don't take a chance that there isn't anymore.Better be safe than sorry.I don't wish this on anyone man.

Man thats crazy. I actually thought bed bugs were just a myth. Man I am kinda worried now. I dont like the thought of something gnawing on me during the night. Do they live in southern Georgia?

A buddie of mine got them from staying in a hotel and they hitched a ride to his home. I loaned him my portable steam cleaner to kill them. I bought this steam cleaner to clean up cat upchucked hairballs and such.

If you don't have a portable steam cleaner, you could pull a McGyver and use a ordinary clothes iron and steam them with that, although that would take you forever. From what I understand bed bugs are killed by temps over 110*f

Worst I ever get is damned fleas since my neighbors dog is my cats best friend, and this pooch is a flea magnet. Every now and again when he comes over to play with my cat, out comes the Advantage and the Borax powder to rid myself of those nuisances.

Due to this dog, I figured out how to get Advantage for cats for 70 cents a dose.
noidea.gif

Here's the visitor I had last week. A cuban tree frog somehow managed to get into my screened lanai, damn thing was like spiderman and took a few to capture him from the ceiling, then I took him outside and let him go.

Attachments

• treefrog.jpg
    treefrog.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 104
A buddie of mine got them from staying in a hotel and they hitched a ride to his home. I loaned him my portable steam cleaner to kill them. I bought this steam cleaner to clean up cat upchucked hairballs and such.

If you don't have a portable steam cleaner, you could pull a McGyver and use a ordinary clothes iron and steam them with that, although that would take you forever. From what I understand bed bugs are killed by temps over 110*f

Worst I ever get is damned fleas since my neighbors dog is my cats best friend, and this pooch is a flea magnet. Every now and again when he comes over to play with my cat, out comes the Advantage and the Borax powder to rid myself of those nuisances.

Due to this dog, I figured out how to get Advantage for cats for 70 cents a dose.
noidea.gif

Here's the visitor I had last week. A cuban tree frog somehow managed to get into my screened lanai, damn thing was like spiderman and took a few to capture him from the ceiling, then I took him outside and let him go.

i could use some advantage on my head!

and i didnt think those cuban's stuck to walls and ceilings

Back