• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost windows disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

Hi,
I posted this before but the thread got off track because I didn't put enough info in it. I bought a 3rd or 4th hand computer recently, it's got a Windows XP Home OEM sticker on the back with the Key and all, but of course it didn't come with the original disk. I am absolutely certain it was NOT built by any of the big vendors, looks like it was made by a Mom & Pop computer store and I have no way of finding out who. I know I can use a pirated CD to reinstall windows but I don't want to do that I want to get an ORIGINAL disk, and no I don't wanna put frickin Ubuntu on it! I'm planning on reselling this computer for a profit so pirate windows or linux are out. I searched on the microsoft web site to see if I could order a new one but couldn't see anything. Any ideas?

Back