• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much cold will FUZION tolerate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arlequin

Registered
Hello, :beer:

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much -C degrees can D-tek FUzion waterblock take?
It has plastic top and a plastic chamber so im wondering if i need to sell it if i want to use chiller -20C degrees or so?

Thank you, :beer:

It is delrin not plastic. Look for some threads regarding the same question for the Storm and Apogee. They were asked a long time ago and I don't remember what the concensus was.

Is the chiller -20c loaded? I have the fuzion cpu and gpu blocks. I think the coldest I have had them was 8C using 0C water.

It could be -20c loaded but most likely i will find some other solution to cool my cpu since they say that AC unit has a load of issues when useda as a chiller (heatoutput powerbill and noise) Maybe have to build pelt chiller...it can be totally silent...

Ok then i know what to take when i start chilling. Im not chilling...yet but im thinking about it seriously :beer:
I have infected with this disease you see? I have condition i have to improve and tinker with my cooling from now on till the end of times...
Its the same thing like with vampires in some myths where they have to pick up macthes and count em..i simply have no choise anymore... :bday:

It is delrin not plastic.

Delrin is a plastic. More specifically, Delrin is a marketing name by Dupont for Acetal POM. Common feelings on Acetal is that it becomes too brittle when it's put under sub zero conditions. I can't find any data on how it handle's cold temperatures however.

Back