• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCNA router/switch sims

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

I am interested is picking up my CCNA certification.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good simulations that they have used and has helped out?

Thanks

Packet Tracer is a good program available from Cisco. I'm not sure if the download is available to the public though. You might have to be enrolled in a CCNA course to get it.

+1 vote for Packet Tracer

you may be able to get it but not sure as Soichiro and I are both enrolled in CCNA courses

just checked and you cant get it unless you are enrolled in a CCNA course sorry

how about a :beer: for your troubles?

i have used packet tracer, however, try using CCNA network visualizer i used that and i was very pleased as to what it could do.

i have used packet tracer, however, try using CCNA network visualizer i used that and i was very pleased as to what it could do.

I took a Network Infrastructure class to finish my degree that was basically a CCNA prep course. They used this as for our labs and it was pretty decent. It has its quirks, but it would let you setup some pretty advanced networks limited only by the hardware types it included.

For learning Cisco equipment, it does what its meant to do.

i have used a few of them over the time of my ccna classes, however, all of them have quirks :p

some didnt like access lists, some didnt have newer hardware (but had alot of options) i dont think i could do ISDN or any type of frame relay if i was not mistaken. this was close to 2 years ago tho, so i had forgoten

Back