• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need CPU Equivalency Utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirRealist

My apologies if this is a common question, but I couldnt find the answer by searching.

I have a Venice A64 3200+ upped from 2.0 to 2.75GHz. My question is: does anyone know a utility that will benchmark my CPU and give me its equavlent Intel GHz?

Will SANDRA do this?

I want to know, so that when I am comparing my system to minimum/recommended system requirements for games (Bioshock is amazing!), I can see where my CPU falls.

I don't want to use some sort of rough comparison based on numbers, I want a utility that will check mine currently and give me the equivalence.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Your CPU is doing really nice. Good job on the overclock. I also own a 3200 Venice. Clocked to 2.81Ghz.

The easiest way to compare against other CPU's whether it is Intel or AMD. Is to bench it in what you want to compare. Then see what others are getting. Each has it's own quirks, so your best bet is to compare it to what you built the rig for.

Comparisons are nothing more then benching anyways. I would head over to our benching forum and poke around there. Since your a fellow member, you will get the best results and help benching your setup. Keep in mind. Most of what your looking for is going to compare against dual core. So really there is no Intel out there that compares at this time. So comparing your OC'ed setup against a stock Intel CPU is going to be tough. Unless you look at the core solo Celerons. It is easier to just bench it in the area that interests you. Then compare that to what is in the stats. Then see how close you get to what is there. The Mhz race is long over. It is about how fast things work and low powered things are now. Not just raw Ghz. Overclocking is now about getting the extra speed out of them 1.8Ghz Intels that eat the older high 3.2Ghz+ models. That AMD PR rating went out the door with the Core Duo chips.
http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Last edited:
Thanks for the OC complement!

The root of my concern is that I really, really want to enjoy Bioshock. My info is in my sig (except that my vid card is OCed: GPU: 600, Mem: 816)

Right now, I am playing the game at 1280x800 (widescreen) with all details up, but even here it chugs some. I just wanted to see if what was holding me back is my CPU and/or GPU.

I would consider a 8800GTS, but spending that money for a game just seems silly... plus i don't know if my CPU would bottleneck a 8800GTS.

Anyway, i really appreciate the help... i guess ill just deal with the game being kinda sluggy.

Most games now days are GPU dependent. To see if it is the GPU holding you back. Lower some eye candy a little at a time. Then see if it still has the slowdowns. If it still stutters in game. Then you know it might be the CPU. At least a good chance it is that.

If the game means that much to you. Plus if you desire higher quality. It is best to just upgrade. I seen folks do a build just for one game. I have myself. 939 CPU's are on the cheapside now. You could drop a dual core and up the card at the same time. Then you would be square on the game. It would beneifit long term too, in other areas of computing.

Last edited:
Best way to see if it is the GPU holding you back is to lower the resolution and see if it still chugs.

Increase the resolution. If it chugs really hard you know the GPU is the main culprit. If it chugs just a little bit more, then the CPU is probably the reason.

Back