• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mail errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

anyone ever seen this "The SMTP server returned an error. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: ' xx.xxx.xx.xxx has too many connections ( 2 ) on rwcrmhc13', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60"
It may be because I moved my outlook folder to another partition and have created a backup folder for it as well. I just don't know how to fix it.

Well, by looking at the error, it looks like there are multiple things trying to connect to that server from your IP address. Try restarting?

Yes, i beleive it thinks that there are two instances of outlook. I have been looking around through the folders and have found two sent items files, both the same size but one is a bak and the other is a dbx file. Does anyone else have these two in their outlook folder? All the other files are dbx so I wonder if it could have been from a backup file of a previos install.

I didn't have two in my Outlook folder. Can you check to see if you have two accounts with the same info in your "Account management" (or w/e)?

w/e ?
I can not find Account management or not sure what you mean.
I sent myself a test mail and received three instead of one. It also says there were errors and wants two resend every time I open or close OE so I get to or three more.
I wisk I knew what is going on.

Are you using "Outlook" or "Outlook Express", two totally different programs :beer:

In Outlook, there is a "tools" menu, there should be something about account management, it should be the third or fourth from the bottom.

If you have Express, I'll check.

It is outlook express. I did find it in the place you said, under tools account. There were two identical lines so I deleted one. another test mail only sent one.
Thanks a lot this has been buggin me for a long time.

It is outlook express. I did find it in the place you said, under tools account. There were two identical lines so I deleted one. another test mail only sent one.
Thanks a lot this has been buggin me for a long time.
No problem :thup:

Glad you got it figured out :D

Back