• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

only shows 127gb..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bakasaMa

Okay so I just finished building my new comp *finally* :D (specs in sig)
But I'm having a problem.. my 250gb only shows 127gb physically. Here's the story. I at first did a fresh install of windows, it only showed 131gb when it asked me to format, strange. But I think it's cause my windows xp pro disc is REALLY old, it doesn't come with any service packs.
After I installed it, I manually installed sp2 on it, now I can see the extra 107gbs, but I can't use it!!!
I can only see it in my disk management, not my computer.. and i've tried every partition but it won't show up.

If I reformat using a cd with sp2, will i be able to see/use all my 250gb?(probaly missing a few, so 220gb)
anyone else have any clues? my motherboard can see all 250gb in bios

You created a new partition, but did you format it and assign a driver letter in disk management? It won't show up if you don't do that.

its not labeled correctly
click on change drive letter and change THAT to a D:

you named it d, but didnt assign it a real letter

Marking it as active will make the system try to boot to it. Do not mark your secondary partition as the active partition.

Back