• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 on my porch!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joesaiditstrue

Just installed it on my p35c-ds3r, 400*8 (3200) on stock volts (vcore and ddr), booted into vista very quickly, haven't done any tests yet

btw it's B3 stepping :( using u120 extreme w/ an antec speed adjustable blue LED fan, nothing special

Good luck, let us know how your temps look at that speed. What voltage are you using?

Edit: nevermind your on stock! Good luck lol

You should be testing full load, idle doesn't mean anything ;)

I'm also anxious to see what that chip can do :D

:welcome: to the forums Redsand!! :D

this is the first day i've had this board (p35c-ds3r), anybody have any tips regarding the settings? i'm only familiar with my old p5w-dh dlx, and i didnt notice any options with regards to changing the ram speed timings, and also when running 400FSB+, should i bother upping the FSB or MCH voltages or leave them stock?

annoying problem i'm currently having with my wireless card

netgear wg311t, running vista x64

i can install the driver, which is a beta atheros driver, and after the driver installs, i can connect to the net just fine through my router

but once i restart my PC, and the vista loading bar is on the screen, the whole system locks up, the only way I can get my system to restart is to use the "Last known good configuration" and then reinstall the NIC, but once i reboot the same problem occurs again

any ideas?

this is the first day i've had this board (p35c-ds3r), anybody have any tips regarding the settings? i'm only familiar with my old p5w-dh dlx, and i didnt notice any options with regards to changing the ram speed timings, and also when running 400FSB+, should i bother upping the FSB or MCH voltages or leave them stock?

Press cnrl+F1 in the BIOS, and then go check out those setting again!

I didn't need to up the FSB and MCH voltages until I got around 450, but I have a different Mobo. My algorithm is to drop the multi, and then play w/ the FSB, and MCH voltages (and other associated voltages besides Vcore, and Vdimm) to see how high the FSB will go, and then put the multi back up, and see what the CPU will do while I up the Vcore.

annoying problem i'm currently having with my wireless card

netgear wg311t, running vista x64

i can install the driver, which is a beta atheros driver, and after the driver installs, i can connect to the net just fine through my router

but once i restart my PC, and the vista loading bar is on the screen, the whole system locks up, the only way I can get my system to restart is to use the "Last known good configuration" and then reinstall the NIC, but once i reboot the same problem occurs again

any ideas?

Plug the PC into the router w/ a Cat5/6 patch cord. :beer:

Sorry I don't know how to help..I'm still running XP-32.

can anyone post a direct link to some stress testing CPU software? currently running at 3.4 (425x9) at 1.4 vcore +0.1 on MCH

the only thing i've really benchmarked was the world in conflict demo a few times with max settings

everest reads about 45'C across all 4 cores except core 3, which never goes above 35-37'C during the benchmark (this is in windowed mode of course)

Vista x64 & 3DMark06 & Coretemp 0.95.4 all listing my chip at 3.6ghz (450*8), even though I have it set in the bios to 400*8 (3.2), any reason for this?

Back