Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

usb fans controller

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07, 09:20 AM Thread Starter   #1
ppe1700

usb fans controller

ive been looking everywhere but cant find it.
what im after is a usb device (one that can plug into the pins on the motherboard directly hopefully or at least a free usb port, to which will let me control fans at very least on/off from within windows.
the closest i can found was this velleman kit but you have to be able to write the program for what you want to do in like visual basic or .dll or something like that.
i think this would be really cool if it could be programmed cos then you could house everything inside and adjust it via windows while its running.
for example i might be streaming an avi to my tv to watch then decide i want to play unreal, so ill need to turn on an extra fan for the gpu. if i could do this with a click of a button id be happy as would so many others i feel

Crunching for Einstein@Home
ppe1700 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool