• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial and DDR3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FLCLFan

Does anyone know when Crucial is going to start making the switch to DDR3? I trust Crucial for my memory because of their fantastic customer service, lifetime warranty, and qualityness. I wanna buy my DDR3 from them when they have it :santa:.

Edit:

I got the answer!

Crucial will be launching DDR3 Memory on the 17th of September!!

Last edited:
Since Crucial is the retail subsidiary of Micron, which makes DDR3 chips (Z9) currently used by several of the other module makers, I would anticipate that if they have not already released modules under the Crucial Ballistix line (I haven't seen any yet), it shouldn't be long before they hit the market.

I got a response from Crucial on this exact question and they also said

P.S. We do in fact hate FLCLFan
You guessed right! ;)

j/k of course, I didn't get any reply...:welcome: to the forums Just give it some time they may reply, otherwise try a live chat option if possible.

Last edited:
I just used the live support and I got an answer!

The offical answer is:

Crucial will be launching DDR3 Memory on the 17th of September!!

Well this is weird. They just responded to my email after 6 days!

Hello Eli,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry, still not set dates. But its in the works.

If you have further questions, please contact our sales and support department. Try our online chat service at http://www.crucial.com/company/contacts.asp. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Mountain Time). At Crucial, we are committed to providing high-quality products and reliable service and support.

Jon Lolley
Direct Sales and Support Representative
Tel: (800) 336-8896
Fax: (208) 363-5501
mailto:[email protected]

Talk to an Expert Online
http://www.crucial.com/company/contacts.asp

Crucial Technology -- The Memory Experts(SM)
3475 E. Commercial Ct. Meridian, ID 83642
http://www.crucial.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 09/01/2007 14:26:45, Saturday
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: FAQ: Crucial generic contact question -- From US Site

Question:
Hello, I'm wondering if Crucial has any set date for releasing DDR3 Ballistix memory, or if you can give me any information about Crucial and DDR3.

Thank you.

General support contact request
Eli Loewen submitted this form

Name: Eli Loewen

Email: XXXXXX

I dont know who to trust! Live chat person who gave me a date, or very slow email person who says no set date?!

I dont know who to trust! Live chat person who gave me a date, or very slow email person who says no set date?!

you could always contact the live chat again, and ask them again and tell that one live chat guy told you a date, and a slow email guy told you that they didnt set a date

Maybe the person that did not know, has not read the email yet that annouces the date to employees ;)

Give him 6 days from the time the live chat person told you :)

I think im just going to wait for the 17th. If it comes out then, then "Jon Lolley" lied to me and I got a release date before anyone else knew, or if it doesn't come out then the live chat woman lied to me, or was misinformed about the date.

Back