• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAC keeps dropping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

Ok, i'm really confused here.

I now have 4 computers crunching on my account. A friend got his 2 PC's, and his nephews PC all crunching for me. They all have the newest optimized clients running ( version 5.27 ).

I put the optimization on my PC as well...is that whats causing my RAC to keep dropping or what?

Before, this one PC was pulling about 1,200 RAC. Now, it has dropped to a little over 900. And i havn't really been doing anything different on my PC to cause a continuous drop in RAC.

I'm now at a total of 1,105.95 RAC. And thats between 4 computers! WTF. If Mine wasn't dropping, i SHOULD be pushing nearly 1,500 RAC, even more after my friends PC's hit their top RAC.

Is it due to the optimized clients? Did Berkeley suddenly change the way RAC is given?

i'm just confused. Any help?

Berkeley has changed the credit calculation for SETI, anyone who was using the optimized clients is now seeing a reduction in RAC. This is because the stock client is now optimized and our optimizations are not as significantly faster than the stock.

Hopefully the folks at lunatics.at will develop an even better optimized client for us soon.

Ahhh, thanks guys.

At least i have a definitive answer now. Yeah...hope we get some better optimized clients soon...i want my RAC back!

My main rig has gone from near 1700 top end to ~1350 in the last couple of weeks. I don't mind as long as everyone else is working under the same system. :)

But it is a shame that we probably won't retake our position from Art Bell ... :-/

But it is a shame that we probably won't retake our position from Art Bell ... :-/

We probably won't retake Art Bell for a while that's true, but look at our RAC compared with the #9 team, Team OCuK...

Us: RAC: 92,544.63 Total: 93,203,225.58
Dem: RAC: 63,951.61 Total: 101,452,249.73

It's inevitable that we will catch them. Art Bell will over take them first, then we will, which will put us at #10!

Yea - I was looking at that. Too bad it has to be another OC team, though. Since I read other OC forums (AU & UK a little) I feel a kindred spirit - us OC'ers are all here for the same thing. :)

But, hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Too bad we can't mate up with them to make one team - then we'd BOTH be back in the running again, BIG time ...! ;)

You are correct that those who ran the stock client are now experiencing a RAC boost.

However I still believe that our more dedicated team can and will overtake team Art Bell. This is a manifest destiny, it shall happen.

Well, it's for sure it isn't winter yet and I know a lot of guys kick it up when the temps drop - so maybe you're right and I was just being pessimistic for a moment. Thanks for setting me back on track ...! :beer:

You know that's not a bad idea. What does everyone think about exploring that posibility? OC United anyone? Or OCEarth?

Remember you heard it here first!

Amen! although creating a new team and getting everyone to it would be very difficult. After all, we have 1 person with 3million credit who doesn't swing by anymore, and other cases.

Perhaps we could convince them to merge with us, seeing as how we're bigger and going stronger? If we can't get an official merger, at least we could steal some team members from them!:sn:

I had to shut down at least 4 machines right before I came back to the rig. We had a big thunderstorm the night I was getting ready to go to the rig and lost power at the house for 3 hours and didn't get power back until about an hour before I had to leave, so I was only able to bring 3 machines up at the house instead of 7. I am running the newest client and optimized app on my work laptop and was able to update it to the newest optimized apps the other day. But my rac from all my machines has taken a nosedive with the new clients and points schemes. :(

And itll continue to drop in the coming week or so, given that all splitters are currently offline and arent looking at getting work up until monday server time.. Until then, my rigs are on einstein.. hopefully they will finish their work before SETI's come back up.. einstein units take sooooo long to crunch :| - estimated 2-3days.. yikes

Back