• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are my temps good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EZ-Spidey

I finally got my quad core and will start overclocking very soon.

I'm using AS5 and a modded Scythe Infinity for cooling. This is theguide I used:
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=567

The only mods I didn't do yet are the shroud and applying thermal paste between the lower heatpipe/base area.

My board is an Intel D975XBX2. CoreTemp 0.95 reads 36C-34C-36C-34C but goes up or down 1 or 2 degrees.

Side panel is off and no case fans installed.

So before I start anything, are these temps good?

I'm assuming those temps are idle.

You need to run a program that will load all 4 cores, like Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool.

Please report back to what load temps are ;)

Yes, it was iddle. I just installed TAT and ran 100%.

Temps jumped to 49C-42C-45C-42C

Pretty big temperature differences between the cores.Unless I didn't mount my cooler properly. :shrug:

With delta temp of load - idle < 10 degrees, I'd say that temp is ok and your HSF is working as it should ! ;) :thup:

Make sure you run it for at the very least, an hour.

For some reason, based on your post, I get the feeling that you ran it for <1min, heh. They will get hotter after that.

your temps are quite low, and don't worry about any difference in temps within your cores, since they are all within 10C.

With temps around 49, you still have plenty of headroom. You have at least 20-30C to play with here.

-D

Make sure you run it for at the very least, an hour.

For some reason, based on your post, I get the feeling that you ran it for <1min, heh. They will get hotter after that.

Whoops! Didn't know that, hehehe. :beer:

Right now, iddle: 36-34-36-34

Will post back after an hour of TAT.

Small update

Ok!

I didn't really bother to run more tests until my new case and RAM
got here.

My Antec 900 got here today and so finally moved my stuff in it.

Among other changes, I lapped the CPU and there's only one fan on
the Scythe Inifinity (somehow I misplaced the fan mounting clips).

My temps iddle are 33C-32C-33C-32C with all case fans on LOW.

After one hour of Prime95 Small FFTs, I get 50C on all four cores.

Back