• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cleaning my LCD, need some tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I had a CRT once and cleaned it with Windex, and there went my anti glare coat, so since then it's been water on my 17in planar LCD.

Now I have a pair of 20in Samsung widescreen LCDs and would like to know the right way to clean them so as not to damage the active region?

I really do want to keep these things in pristine condition.

DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY ON THE LCD.

I cant repeat tha one enough. I deal with laptops (3000) at work and EVERY year one of my coworkers kills a screen by spraying directly onto the LCD.

Barely Damp cloth (water or windex) and wipe down, try to apply minimal pressure or you take the chance of making dark spot on the screen.

if you are seeing ANY liquid on the screen it is too wet.

I use a 50% mixture of 91% alcohol and water, I use a micro fiber cloth to clean it and then another to buff it dry. Works great for me. Or you could just buy some cleaner already mixed for you from your local tech store, but that option is a lot more expensive.

Back