• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Make it stop, make it stoppppppp!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zappazootus

Registered
I got a new frigin modem - its a Aopen FM56-SLM - I think its an aronym for A**Open Friggin Mouthy 56- Sucker Loser Modem.

Actually it appears to communicate just dandy... now that I downloaded new drivers from the AOpen website for Windows ME using my old modem. (Isn't that special)

The problem is that it won't shut up. The speaker on the card does not respond to any type of control, basic, or advanced, or otherwise. On the "AOpen Forum" for Modems, which, quite ironically has a picture of a merry-go-round on the page, has about ten people who are just about crying themselves to bed because they can't stop the hissing in their heads. They carry on and on begging AOpen to reply and solve their problems. "Don't you care?" pleas one poor tormented soul. no reply......

Well anyway, I have wrapped the demented little pizo speaker with enough electrical tape to make it look like a thumb injury and that ain't so loud any more, but I am considering carefully snapping it off. As far as I know, I have never seen a speaker whose demise has brought on the destruction of anything else....So the $64,000 question is: Can I break the speaker off without impacting the operation of the modem.

I wouldn't expect A**Open to respond to this line of questioning mind you....:D

can you bridge it from behind? electricity takes the path of least resistance mabey it will just go threw the bridge in the back

Back