• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chiller Demand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I'm wondering how many people would be interested in a ultra-compact water chiller if I started producing them. I'm currently stuck on the idea in my head, and so far design is flowing smoothly. Prices would probably be high, but I don't thing thats a problem for ya'll :)

PS: current size is seems to be roughly the same as 2x extra thick 120mm fans+PSU (PSU will be much smaller than your average one)

As it is this post is in a gray area... even if I knew the approximate cost at this point, I would be unable to post it here.

Well no, I think not. You aren't actually trying to sell the units just yet. You're just asking if we think there's a market for such units and you are simply providing specs :)

That's the way I see it

I'm sure chillers are goooood.

Depends on price though.

They're more versatile than DD systems definatly.

If you can produce a compact unit that will adequately cool, say, a quad and couple high end CPUs for ~$250, it would be pretty attractive.

Current system design would be capable of lowering 500W of heat, by 90F. That means, the highest intel cpu (130W) and two 8800 GTS or Ultras (each 165W). While I do know those add up to only 460W of heat, I'm counting in a 40W of heat from misc. sources.

I'm wondering how many people would be interested in a ultra-compact water chiller if I started producing them. I'm currently stuck on the idea in my head, and so far design is flowing smoothly. Prices would probably be high, but I don't thing thats a problem for ya'll :)

PS: current size is seems to be roughly the same as 2x extra thick 120mm fans+PSU (PSU will be much smaller than your average one)

I'm interested..

Current system design would be capable of lowering 500W of heat, by 90F. That means, the highest intel cpu (130W) and two 8800 GTS or Ultras (each 165W). While I do know those add up to only 460W of heat, I'm counting in a 40W of heat from misc. sources.

Well I'm sure most people who want this would be overclocking, thus greatly increasing heat output.

i would mabey try two systems, something a bit stronger capable of removing heat from a O/C quad core as well as two graphics cards, then one for the normal user with say a duel core and a single graphics card,
and i must say u stole my idea, i am working on a small chiller and if all goes well i was going to invest and make two more and sell them, as long as i see people are still interested i would continue to build them. but me being a noob with refregeration i dont know how well mine will turn out :) but heck if this thing us cheap i would be interested as well.

hehe ooh,

But we still don't know the price? ;)

Well in my case I only turn on this computer on for about an hour a day so I would survive the electric bill. Everything else I do on my non-gaming machine which draws less power :)

My good... thats 1920 watts:eek:
I have a doubt anyone will buy from you... isn't an AC water chiller cheaper? BTW: I'm kinda planning a chiller... but with R-22 (hehe) so I can't sell them I don't think.

yes a phase chiller would be alot cheaper on the elec bill. my chiller only needs 429 watts :)
if its tec based, I'm not interested. there kinda neat but all the pcs in my house are on all day, i don't need something thats gonna cost me more then it costs to run my jacuzzi.

Back