• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jobseeker Warning: Tech Pros Group

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

Just a heads up....

Those of you looking for jobs, may have seen their ads on careerbuilder. They promise to train you with MS/Cisco certs and then get you a paid internship and throw lots of potential salaries in your face.

I'm not declaring them as a scam, but they don't seem to be as great as they portray themselves.

Their "training" apparently consists of braindumps/memorizing test answers. If you do not do the internship and take a job instead, you will be forced to fork over part of your salary to them. They make their money off one or the other.

In addition to that, there is tons of complaints allover the net about them.

Google them and you'll see. I thought this sounded awesome and they "of course" accepted my application, but decided to research them a bit.

Sounds better than the scam that was running in Knoxville a few years back. They ran a "job" ad with training and blah blah blah, but once you jumped through a dozen hoops you found out it was a "school" offering bootcamp courses in Linux administration, CCNA, MCSE etc..... the "job" was not guaranteed and the training was uber-expensive.

If doing something like you mentioned would update my skillset and increase my salary say from 50k a year to 80k a year and I'd have to pay them back through salary for a few years then I'd do that rather than pay out of pocket or go further in debt to student loans...... Seriously, I just may file frickin bankruptcy at the 10-year mark and get rid of my student loan and credit card debt but keep the house and car......

Real headhunters are paid by the company, not the employee. You should never pay a headhunter to get you a job.

Real headhunters are paid by the company, not the employee. You should never pay a headhunter to get you a job.

What this guy says is true. Take this advice. Only the shadiest of headhunters working with the stingiest of companies gets money from the employee.

The "training" is memorizing cert answers. Which is frowned upon heavily by MS, CompTIA, Cisco and about anyone that has a cert and I believe it is borderline illegal (not 100% on this.)

I called and talked to them to confirm thats what it is. They want you to get the piece of paper and then "hope" to actually learn the stuff afterwards.

Google them and read the endless negative feedback. They tanked to an F on the BBB, but the guy claims the BBB gave them an F after they pulled their subscription. (yeah right)

***I believe bankruptcy will NOT clear student loans (unless you can prove in court that you cannot maintain a certain standard of living because of it) and will be a big fat nasty stain on your credit report for 10 years.

Last edited:
Sounds better than the scam that was running in Knoxville a few years back. They ran a "job" ad with training and blah blah blah, but once you jumped through a dozen hoops you found out it was a "school" offering bootcamp courses in Linux administration, CCNA, MCSE etc..... the "job" was not guaranteed and the training was uber-expensive.

If doing something like you mentioned would update my skillset and increase my salary say from 50k a year to 80k a year and I'd have to pay them back through salary for a few years then I'd do that rather than pay out of pocket or go further in debt to student loans...... Seriously, I just may file frickin bankruptcy at the 10-year mark and get rid of my student loan and credit card debt but keep the house and car......

Uh, you can't do that anymore....Bankruptcy does not get you out of student loans, that law changed AWHILE ago..

Uh, you can't do that anymore....Bankruptcy does not get you out of student loans, that law changed AWHILE ago..

I believe Fudge is living in Canada at the moment, I don't know if he got his student loans there or not. But yeah, the US doesn't let you go bankrupt on student loans. I'm not sure what the Canadian law is on it.

Back