• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to tame a PCP&C Turbo Cool 850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I installed this psu last night. I was expecting it to be a bit louder than my Powerstream 520 but I am surprised at just how loud the 850 is. And it may not be volume as much as pitch. I might get used to it but thought I would ask if there are any alternatives to the Delta screamer. Google didn't come up with anything but that they are noisy.

do you really want a high powered psu that cannot cool itself well ?

Agreed. There's nothing in your system that warrants such a huge power supply. You're not running SLI... you only have a GTS (like mine, and I only have a 500 watt power supply), and nothing in your setup is particularly power hungry. You can either return it, or sell it and get something else.

Now you know why the Turbo came from in the PC P&C Turbo-cool series.

If you replace the fan it will void the 5 year warranty (which is a very good one btw, PC P&C have great support.)

Agreed. There's nothing in your system that warrants such a huge power supply. You're not running SLI... you only have a GTS (like mine, and I only have a 500 watt power supply), and nothing in your setup is particularly power hungry.
Does anything you do warrant your overclocked cpu? Since when does anything anybody does here at OCForums have to be warranted? I picked it up because I got a great deal on it and I wanted something with a bit more power than my 520 as I am having some stabaility issues and I wanted to make sure they are not psu related.

All I asked is a simple question?

Now you know why the Turbo came from in the PC P&C Turbo-cool series.

If you replace the fan it will void the 5 year warranty (which is a very good one btw, PC P&C have great support.)
Ain't that the truth. I figured it would but I was just asking. I got used to a Delta 60 back in the day (my Wife never did though) and I will probably get used to this too.

Replace the fan. Though that delta screamer was probably put there because the unit gets hot, so using a slower fan may hurt the PSU down the road. I say sell the PSU and go for a Silencer Series or many of the other good units. I love my Silverstone OP650. EDIT: My Turbocool510 fan was too load and at last I replaced the PSU.

Replace the fan. Though that delta screamer was probably put there because the unit gets hot, so using a slower fan may hurt the PSU down the road. I say sell the PSU and go for a Silencer Series or many of the other good units. I love my Silverstone OP650.
The reviews I read before buying it said that it was nowhere as noisy as the 510 unit was and they had used a much better thermal circuitry in it to keep the screaming down. I was also wondering if there were other methods besides changing the fan. I had thought that trying to isolate it from the case might help but I am not sure if there is enough room to get it to set on some kind of isolation material between it and the slides and my case. And it also could be a case of after a few days I might not notice it as much. But it was an abrupt change from my Powerstream. :eek:

Back