• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quitting WoW again...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YellowDart

So I'm quitting WoW again. Back to the land of the living, and ideally, my 360 that I bought off my wife's cousin last winter. I'm stoked to use it as more than a DVD player again. :p

So I have a few games...

Gears of War (almost have it finished... think I'm approaching the train level)
Oblivion (just scratching the surface)
Rainbow 6: Vegas (about 1/2 way through)
Call of Duty 3 (haven't removed the wrapper on that one yet)
Kameo (played a bit of coop w/ the Mrs)
DOA4 (boobs bouncing in awkward ways is only fun for so long, but the wife really digs it)
Guitar Hero (I suck, but it's fun every once in a while... another wife fav, though)

So I definitely have enough here to keep my attention until Halo 3 hits stores in a few short weeks. Still on the fence on BioShock as well. I'm not down for endorsing shady "copy protection" tactics with my wallet... even though it's the PC version, and not the 360 (that I'm aware of), I don't like it, and am leaning toward not giving 2k my money (despite it being the latest and greatest... may wait for the bargain bin).

With all that said, any big titles I'm missing out on here? Thought Blue Dragon looked nifty, but it's been getting lackluster reviews. I'm usually into action type games. Not big into sports games. Racing games are fun sometimes, but I'm no racing game buff. RPG, FPS, and TPS are usually my bread and butter. Any suggestions of rentals or new games to pick up?

Well, there arent many racing games worth buying, except Forza 2. Its one of a kind :)
The Realism is crazy.

Anyhow, future games: Army of Two, Assassins Creed, Halo 3

Christ, stop with the "DRM" bullcrap about Bioshock. It was a registry key that accidentally got detected as a rootkit. If you really don't like it, there are ways around it, but it's no worse than any other copy-protected games. It's just an online CD-key checker at it's core. And give 2K and Irrational your money. It's 120% worth it, it's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a while, especially if you easily get absorbed in worlds.

But yeah, Forza 2, Assassins Creed, Halo 3, all the big ones.

If your looking for some fun shooters (i know they are old) I've been playing GRAW 1 and Shadowrun a lot recently both good games imo.

May have to give Forza 2 a rent. I've heard good things. Been thinkin of giving GRAW 1 or 2 a go. Any one a ton better than the other?

As for Bioshock, I'll do some more research, but I'm not sorry for being overly cautious with my money where DRM may or may not be involved. I know it's not a rootkit, but DRM issues r 4 serious cats. Still may wait for the bargain bin... we'll see. At the least, I'll give the demo a go and probably let that make the call for me.

Bioshock is a decently fun game but it does get repetitive at some points. I quit WoW back in March and I couldn't be happier. I got to the point in that game where everything levels off and it's one timesink after another for meager gains. That and the majority of players are idiots, thus destroying the ability to raid efficiently and successfully.

I'm getting by right now on Bioshock, Starcraft, WC3 (inc DoTA), FEAR, BF2142...
I'm waiting for Hellgate: London and Starcraft II

Just my 2 cents...

Tell me about it! My guild was just clearing Kara and working on Gruul. Kinda neat the first couple times, but it's just so damn much. Why work your *** off at 70 to get keyed for everything and raid, get heroic keys, etc. The next expansion will be out in less than a year and everybody will just start over again. Why bother with it at this point?

Been getting a bit deeper into Oblivion over the weekend. I like the fact that it's an RPG that you can pick up and put down whenever. When I fire it up, I don't have guildies asking me to come do this, or do that... I can play at my own pace.

I got this 360 maybe 10 months ago, and haven't used it much. I'm looking forward to getting on with my life, and catching up on the other good games that have come out in the past couple years. LOL

YellowDart said:
Why work your *** off at 70 to get keyed for everything and raid, get heroic keys, etc. The next expansion will be out in less than a year and everybody will just start over again. Why bother with it at this point?

Yep, that is also what killed the expansion for me. Plus the ridiculous rep grinds... I could get by when they were just an added perk for crafting but needing exalted just to do a dungeon or get a key is pathetic.

Yep, that is also what killed the expansion for me. Plus the ridiculous rep grinds... I could get by when they were just an added perk for crafting but needing exalted just to do a dungeon or get a key is pathetic.

Right there with you guys. I stopped playing a few months ago after making 70 and trying to get exalted for keys and what not. i just dont have the time to spend in game anymore.

Having things to work for is nice... but there is such thing as too much. That's where my problem is. That, and a lot of the things you work for are very mundane. It was fun while it lasted. I may come back for the expansion... or even before then. Who knows? Just that right now, there are more important things that I need to focus on, rather than collecting Badges of Justice so I can get more lewtz.

Oblivion is a very nice distraction, so far. Looking forward to Halo 3. Gonna have to get a paid XBL membership just for that. 4 player coop will be a blast. :D

I saw a vid over the weekend where some one beat oblivion in 7min , i havent played the game my self but if you can beat it in 7min seams to short for me

This game was fun originally because you could play an hour or 2 each day and still be able to compete with the people who played too much. I think they're just getting to the point that all of the 2 year+ players are running out of things to do, so they need to add in the rep grinds for keys/attunements to keep that crowd playing. I quit a year ago so I could actually play other games besides this one. It starts to suck the life out of you after a while.

Tell me about it! My guild was just clearing Kara and working on Gruul. Kinda neat the first couple times, but it's just so damn much. Why work your *** off at 70 to get keyed for everything and raid, get heroic keys, etc. The next expansion will be out in less than a year and everybody will just start over again. Why bother with it at this point?

Been getting a bit deeper into Oblivion over the weekend. I like the fact that it's an RPG that you can pick up and put down whenever. When I fire it up, I don't have guildies asking me to come do this, or do that... I can play at my own pace.

I got this 360 maybe 10 months ago, and haven't used it much. I'm looking forward to getting on with my life, and catching up on the other good games that have come out in the past couple years. LOL

I havent played GRAW 2 yet but I just finished GRAW 1 single player and thought it was pretty good. Multiplayer is a lot of fun but sometimes its hard to find people or serves that actually play on a map other than the one called "Nowhere". Anyways you can get the game for ~20 maybe a little less used at ebx so you cant really go wrong with something that cheap :p

Yep. On this toon, I haven't actually started the campaign yet. I'm just doing the freeform quests and guild quests. On the PC version, I got as far as closing the first Oblivion gate... but there's so much to do and see... and it all looks great. A waste to fly through it that quickly. And somebody who's never played it before, it'd be next to impossible to beat it that quickly.

Thanks #2 (Scotto). :p

I'll give it a go. Been toying with getting GRAW 1 or 2. Heard 2 was better, but I might give them both a rent.

Back