• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on 8800 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Csst

Registered
I have a 8800 Ultra coming my way the question i have is that i own a Antec P180 case I'm i going to have any problems fitting this card in there I'm not sure of the dimensions of the card and weather it will fit in my case.. I'm also considering getting another one and running them in SLI.. I just hope it will fit in my case alright anyone know if it will?

Thanks
Csst

Hey Csst...

I searched on google and found this for the 8800 ULTRA Dimensions: L270mm x W100mm x 33 mm (the last is max. thickness).

I don't own your case but I sure do understand your concern. These new graphics cards are getting gigantic ....Sorry I can't be of any further help to you in your decision but I hope that the data above is atleast a start for you.

:soda:

Thanks I'm not very good with conversion but the dimension of my case are as followed..

Dimensions:
- 21.3" (H) x 8.1" (W) x 19.9" (D)
- 54cm (H) x 20.5cm (W) x 50.7cm (D)

I dont know your case of the top of my head . But the card will be a bit longer than most Motherboards , if i had to guess you might have to move a HDD cage if there is one areound that area . The ultra uses 2 6pin power plugs as well btw

Thanks I'm not very good with conversion but the dimension of my case are as followed..

Dimensions:
- 21.3" (H) x 8.1" (W) x 19.9" (D)
- 54cm (H) x 20.5cm (W) x 50.7cm (D)

270mm = 27cm = 10.629921 inches long

100mm = 10cm = 3.9370079 inches wide

33mm = 3.3cm = 1.2992126 inches thick (at thickest point)

Hope that is a bit more helpful...

Formula
10mm =1cm
cm x 0.39* = in

in x 2.54 = cm

Examples
How tall is a woman in centimeters who is 5' 5" (65 in)?

5 foot x 12 inches = 60 inches

60 inches + 5 inches = 65 inches

65 inches x 2.54 = 165 centimeters

If a baby is 64 centimeters long, what is her length in inches?

64 centimeters x 0.39 = 25 inches

I have a p182 coming and have read this, the 8800 series do fit with a few rules to follow.

1. If you are using ide hds in the upper hd box the card will not fit!!!
2. Sata hds in the upper box can fit with some wiggling.
3. Leaving the upper hd bay emmpty or removing it completely you will fit no problems.

So use the lower hd bay only if possible.

Hope that helps.

i have a p182 and it fits just fine. But you will need to only have one HDD in the top tray of the upper HDD holding section.

Back