• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound, yes I'm complete idiot, but I can't find it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

One Bull

Well peeps as the title says I can't get any sound on my setup. The operating system is windows xp pro.

It's basicly this:
Last week I gamed alot and when I game I like headphones better so I switch the speakers for the headphones. An autom atic wizard comes up and asks if it are headphones, if I say yes the wizard blocks the channel and tells me to put the speakers in.
So when I put the headphones in I just click no and I can just use my headphones (hahaha)
But last week I had the briljant idea of clicking the "don't ask me this again because I always push the same button and it is very annoying" button.
Unfortunately the wizard just blocked the port for the audio and now I don't have any sound.

1Yes I checked volume control and it's not muted and the volume is max.
2Yes the speakers are turned on an the volume is on.
3Yes the speakers are plugged in
4Yes in device manager everything is working fine.

I just need to find the wizzard, but I can't find it anywhere! Please help me?

Edit: on a side note: Yes I know it's prolly a nood question ;)

Last edited:
hehe yeah, it was working perfectly before :) but since I checked the "don't bother me again" button the sound just stopped

Just uninstall the sound driver from the Add Remove programs list and reinstall it, then you'll have that option again.

Hehe yeah that was it, everything is working now thnx guys.

I knew it had to be something simple, just couldn't think of what :)

Back