• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P-35 DS3L won’t boot over 350 bus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ffzen

Finally got around to putting together the X3210 and DS3L, but it won’t boot at 350 fsb or over that.
I began by setting the voltage at 1.30 which is the vid of this chip. Have the multi at 8 and increased the fsb 10mhz at a time. No problems until I hit 350.

Boots fine under 350. Even when I increase the voltage to 1.425 it won’t boot at 350 fsb.
Have the latest bios F5a.
Temps seem fine; low 30’s idle(high 20’s at stock settings), mid 40’s load.

The DS3R I have is working great, but this DS3L is :(

Any ideas or suggestions?

Rig Specs:

Cpu: X3210 G0 SLACU; Vid = 1.30
Mobo: P35-DS3L rev 1.0; bios F5a
Ram: Ballistix DDR2 800mhz (2x1gb)
Video: ATI X600SE 128mb Pci-e
Dvd: Samsung 18x Sata
Hdd: Maxtor 200gb Sata
Hsf: TRU120E lapped, SFF21F; AC MX-2
Psu: Blue Storm AX-500
Case: Sonata II

If I am not mistaken, the DS3L is a "cheaper" R. So it won't OC as well as the R. Have you measured the vdroop? You're also using a quad which is harsh on mobos. Even on higher end boards, quads dont clock as well as duals. Maybe you can pop a dual in there and see if it clocks higher.

--pak

Thanks for the suggestion, but i don't have a dual to try. :(

Not sure what it was exactly, but perhaps there's some kind of issue b/w
348-360ish . So i said screw it, and just tried 375 and it booted. :)

Priming now 425x8.

Yeah. I've heard of crap like that on some intel motherboards before. I didn't think something as a new as the DS3L would still have that kind of a problem though. My S3L didn't have that problem. I didn't use fsb past 375 mind you.

I hear ya.
Think i read somewhere about something like this on an older asus mobo.
But don't remember exactly.

Not sure what it was exactly, but perhaps there's some kind of issue b/w
348-360ish . So i said screw it, and just tried 375 and it booted. :)

Priming now 425x8.

Yah its called a hole and its pretty common. My abits have them around 430-460 my new abit has one when running 3GB of ram down at 375-415 = no boot but up at 430 + is fine :s)

Back