• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D Refresh Rate Override

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicoliani

In Catalyst C Center there is a tool to increase the refresh rate from my standard LCD 60 Hz all the way to 200 Hz. I have set mine to 75 Hz and can see through my LCD menu that when I start a game it goes to 75 Hz and games play smooth. I wonder how high can I set it?

My maximum reported refresh rate is 75 Hz, but if I try to set it a 70 or 75 Hz the LCD goes looking bad. As the reported refresh rate is 75 Hz I'm afraid putting the 3D Refresh Rate Override over that. But maybe it have nothing to do with the refresh rate?

In Catalyst C Center there is a tool to increase the refresh rate from my standard LCD 60 Hz all the way to 200 Hz. I have set mine to 75 Hz and can see through my LCD menu that when I start a game it goes to 75 Hz and games play smooth. I wonder how high can I set it?

My maximum reported refresh rate is 75 Hz, but if I try to set it a 70 or 75 Hz the LCD goes looking bad. As the reported refresh rate is 75 Hz I'm afraid putting the 3D Refresh Rate Override over that. But maybe it have nothing to do with the refresh rate?

Your LCD probably cannot do higher than 75....most/many LCD's only run at 60Hz.

With an LCD there really isn't a major need to up the refresh rate like there is with a CRT monitor. The way that the techs work, the LCD will look just fine to the eye at 60hz. I'd say don't take the chance of hurting your monitor or anything and just run it at default. You shouldn't really see any major improvements anyway by upping it.

Back