• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake wars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any one try the demo out yet ? Im downloading it now

I'm getting my fastest download rate since I downloaded World of Warcraft and City of Villains.

I just started and I'll be done in nine minutes flat. I love my internet connection...

...when it's working.

Open beta available?

What "open beta"? They still have the single player and multiplayer demo!

EDIT: No idea how much HDD space they THINK i have but... 700 meg download... then windows likes to copy that from some temp directory to the place I told it to be instead of just putting it there in the first place. Then there's the self extracting ip to think about... Then finally the install.

Finished D/Ling it. But I'm gonna have to wait until I get home later on to night to check it out.

i was gonna say why is it so slow, but then i cracked open DAP and now.....

qwkp3.jpg

11mins :) not bad

Mine will be sitting @ home waiting for me to get back from work . I might even have it instaleed and waiting =)

FPS 30 Cap is retarded, trying to figure out a work around. I can only assume the cap was put in place for 360 console release.

^ wow that is stupid , why hamper Pc users just for some crappy console version
?

Just played... Kinda sucks. Physics are iffy, and game is sooo not polished. Graphics are from 2004.

I cranked everything to very max settings with 1280x1028 (no 1280x960!!) 8xAF, 4xAA and all effects selected to max.

Its like playing a crappy version of battlefield 2142, but with lower graphics.

-D

The game has even less weight to it than Halo. I didn't even think it was possible to make a game this boring with modern technology. It's going to be very hard to play anything after playing Bioshock.

Here's hoping that UT2007 (or whatever the hell it's called now) ups the ante.

Should still be interesting none the less, I've heare too much hype about the game will ahve to see for myself with this one. I think I read somewhere that you can only have a limited number of players per class, which kinda sucks :/

Ok so the commands seem to adjust it in actual Multiplayer, but no in single. Still trying to find the sweet spot........Regardless I still don't see why they didn't include an option for this.

Last edited:
where is this stuff they are always showing in "in game videos" looks nothing like it........

way to screw up a soon to be release

Chalk up another game that's only purpose was to boost magazine sales with glorified previews.

Back