• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any options to OC a PentiumM 1.4ghz ULV?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noisrevid

I have a Dell X300 with 1.4ghz Pentium M ULV.. I think it's a Dothan with Intel 855 chipset motherboard... Can these be pin modded or any other method to overclock? I'd like to crank atleast 1.6ghz out of it.

Thanks,

Jay

I believe there is a pin mod thread somewhere or another around here. but its sorta understood that its a bad idea to overclock a laptop. they run hot enough as is, and the extra heat is not really worth it.

you need a 915 chipset to pin mod the Pentium M. Your best bet is to see if there is a PLL clockgen that you can use for your specific laptop. I did a search on google, but didn't find anything right off the bat. You may check out this website for more info.

Many thanks to all who helped here.. Xenocide is right, the CPU is indeed soldered into the motherboard. It's still a fast little machine even at 1.4ghz ;)

Jay

Back